Glastonbury coverage

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ars moriendi
ars moriendi
433 posts

Re: Glastonbury coverage
Jun 28, 2010, 08:46
I can't say that I watch very much on TV anymore, generally because it infuriates me and it's easier to find infinitely more interesting things to do. I did switch on the telly and stumbled across some of the Glasto 'coverage' - some self obsessed girl talking bollocks about how wacky and cool it/she/everything is. I switched the TV off and went back outside to enjoy this weather we're having.
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Jun 28, 2010, 15:52
Not that I watched a great deal of it. It's the same old thing every time 2 presenter talking tosh with edited clips.

Did the Pet Shop Boys costumes represent art or were they just ridiculous?

He had a box on his head.
Eduardo
Eduardo
375 posts

Jun 28, 2010, 20:00
Yeah, kids today huh?

I enjoyed the National set as well, need to have a further listen.
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Jun 28, 2010, 20:45
Jun 28, 2010, 20:24
I thought it was OK. Gorillaz and Stevie were great as was Rolf Harris. Thought it was pretty diverse line up considering it's a glorified middle class garden party (and has been for many years). As for the presenters, who cares? ..they're only presenters. I wouldn't give a toss if it was Frank Bough introducing the bands.

8)
vince
vince
1628 posts

Jun 28, 2010, 22:12
Eduardo wrote:
Yeah, kids today huh?

I enjoyed the National set as well, need to have a further listen.

I was coerced into buying the new National album...thought it was sub-standard Joy Division pish for a while but it's made its way under my skin & now I think it's a rather fine, if patchy, release.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jun 29, 2010, 15:40
Jun 29, 2010, 15:40
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:

The festival in general has turned into a cosy weekend away really hasn't it. Kind of like an extended stag weekend with bands. Maybe it's the way 'indie' has gone mainstream and everyone likes a bit of Muse or a bit of Flo & Her Dull Machine and a bit of Topman NME fashion. Oh, it was better in my day I tell thee ;-)

!

Trust me dude, that's just the stuff they show on telly. I can assure you there's much, much more going on there. The best parts are in the hinterlands and weirdy bits. Far, far from a 'cosy weekend' heh heh heh.....
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Jun 29, 2010, 17:43
Jun 29, 2010, 17:32
dave clarkson wrote:
Thought it was pretty diverse line up considering it's a glorified middle class garden party (and has been for many years). =

8)

oooOOoooh. Ponk's not dead! 8^)

Was a very diverse line up this year. Thankfully, I think the Emily Eavis obsession with NME approved Landfill indie dominating things is a thing the past. Hope so anyway.
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Edited Jun 29, 2010, 19:37
Jun 29, 2010, 19:35
I enjoyed Gorillaz (mostly - a couple of boring songs in the mix) and Stevie Wonder was fab and I enjoyed seeing Dr. Who with Orbital.

However, I wanted to throw things at the telly when that stupid young presenter (Gemma?) was interviewing various people around the site - that was totally and utterly dire!!! Agh!
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 20:05
dave clarkson wrote:
I wouldn't give a toss if it was Frank Bough introducing the bands.

8)

an old cocaine-fuelled swinger would be fun
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Jun 29, 2010, 22:37
Indeed

8)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index