"I hate the blues."

77 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re:
Nov 07, 2009, 12:59
The Sea Cat wrote:

I'v only recently statrted my deep Krautrock love, but am I right in thinking that this was spared Pol Punk Pot scourge ?

Nobody liked it before so it wasn't worth hating IIRC Lydon liked Can so that made it allright
You really had to be there ton appreciate the stupidity of the whole thing, punks told me the Stooges & MC5 were hippy music, and the hippies hated them because they started all that punk shite. I was at Knebworth and someone had a prototype beatbox, wev annoyed the hippies all afternoon with a selection of Judas Priest,Motorhead et al which they moaned about constantly but put up with, I put on a tape with the MC5 & the Pistols on & I thought they were going to lynch me, the final straw was Sly & The family Stone at Woodstock when some dick demanded we switch it off and put Suppers Bloody Ready on, never really had much time for the average Zep fan since
Hawkwind were the best example, before punk they only had 3 chords & couldn't play and were shit, same people three months later any more than 3 chords & any ability was to be frowned on, Hawkwind were still shite however due to whatever reason they could find that week
The whole punk attitude put me off going to see some great bands like Joy Division & Magazine which was a pity, but they missed the Tygers of Pan Tang & Angelwitch, that'll learn 'em
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index