89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Mar 01, 2008, 23:47
marinade wrote:
Yeah, that CD box is good. Everything you need, really, if you're not bothered about each album in its original packaging.

I'm about six chapters into that book, btw. I never realised they were such dropout fuck-ups before they even formed the band!

Ordered the box and a copy of the new Guitar Army (which is mentioned by JC this month coincidentally).

I'm not sure about the rest of you, but everytime I read a music biography, about how these mind-expanding drugs turn into a full blown life crashing addiction, just makes me sad that the cycle continues to repeat itself, and that 'recreational' drugs are so easily justified. Though I love his music, I can't agree with JC about the whole psychedelic journey thing. What he said in Japrocksamper about High Rise not being a true psych band because they're never taken a 'trip' is complete bullshit and in my mind is the same dogma churned out by the christians that you have to accept Jesus into your heart or you are bound for hell.

I know I'm in the minority when it comes to some music fans, but I think music is best made and listened to in a sober state.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index