Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Edited Dec 12, 2008, 12:54
Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Dec 12, 2008, 12:51
earthlingfred93 wrote:

But y'know I bet by late next year all the albums will be released individually through Charly anyhow....

I did ask that in response to the guy from the label's comments near the top of this thread. Would think a 10cd set would be a bit much for those with marginal interest so smaller packages related to specific aspects/lps would probably be an idea.
Do think that the band is pretty much a pre-punk 101 name if you know what I mean and therefore more recognised/part recognised than it was in its heyday. I think they have been regularly cited as an influence by several generations of alternative bands.
Do wonder with psychedelic reissues what size of sales can be expected. The ltd edition promo thing that came with the Golden Dawn/Bubble Puppy deal being 1000 copies initially struck me as something that would be snapped up immediately. Then I was wondering if it might actually be an ambitiously large number so last much longer. So just wondering for future reference/to get an impression of the ballpark if anybody knows what expected sales figures would be on psych reissues in general.
& here with 3000. Does that seem really large? Or is every body in japan with even marginal interest going to get one? I mean yeah there are a devoted few who would be interested in such an item but if they are then going to release smaller packagings of the same recordings would that still hold true? I guess the Rhino Handmade Stooges Funhouse complete recording sessions sold out pretty rapidly, but did that have anything like the same amount pressed?
So am wondering if getting angst in my pants over the rush to get a copy is the correct reaction or waiting the thing out and possibly being disappointed is anything of an option.
Stevo
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index