13th Floor Elevators Cd's

89 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
Lonesome Cowboy Bill
356 posts

Re: 13th Floor Elevators Cd's
Feb 23, 2009, 12:41
Thought I best register to this cool forum as my mind is bursting with all things Elevators right now. Just got the new Mojo thru the post and it features a cover cd titled I Can See For Miles and contains lost American Underground Psychedelic Classics (or words to that effect). The BIG track is (I've Got) Levitation from the 10 cd extravaganza!! It sounds excellent I must say. Much less jug bubbling, really raw and upfront, amazing drum sound compared to the other editions I've got. It also has a live version of You Don't Know from the Avalon Ballroom which is tasty.

Also on there are tracks by Golden Dawn, Red Crayola, The Free Spirits and loads more. Hearing these means I'll have to get the GD album now as their track is great.

In the mag there's an A-Z of that era and genre. Plus a big article on the Who album 'The Who Sell Out' - hence the title of the cd

The huge decision I have now is whether to splash out £75 plus p&p on the 10 cd box set when I already own the 3 (or is it 4) cd box set The Psychedelic World Of, plus EE and BOTW on vinyl, and the Paul Drummond book. I'm assuming the book with the cd features photos and hand bills and what not from that book??? Part of me is hovering over the mouse ready to click on 'confirm order' and the other part is saying save the money, wait for possible 2 cd editions of the albums. Esp when I'm strapped for cash, feeding a new baby, buying a new house, possible being made redundant. What joys!

What to do????????????
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index