the first album you really loved in your life

Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 07, 2007, 22:00
This idea came out last night while talking with some friends. It's funny to go back some years now that I'm almost 40.

Mine was Blondie's "Eat To The Beat".
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Re: the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 07, 2007, 22:15
When I was 13, I played Depeche Mode's 'Black Celebration' over and over and drove my folks nuts. About a year and a half later, I couldn't stand it!
Now some twenty odd years hence, I still couldn't listen to it, but do have an affection for it.
That's the FIRST album I ever loved, totally different from FAVOURITE album of course!
x
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 22:18
I still like Eat To The Beat a lot. But it's not my FAVOURITE...

I like your avatar. What is it?
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 22:18
Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel's Face to Face. It was the first album i bought from my first pay packet and i LOVED IT. I'm still gutted that i was stupid enough to sell it along with other well missed treasures.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 22:24
Carlos wrote:

I like your avatar. What is it?

It's me and some amateurish photo trickery!
x
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Apr 07, 2007, 22:26
Wow... I'm told I sang along to the beatles a lot... and I was a (yes, please laugh because it IS funny!) a 'Partridge Family' fan at the young age of ten or so...
I guess the definition is a little different here but the first music I ever bought with my own money was the soundtrack album to 'Live and Let Die' on a cassette tape...
I liked some of the stuff my mother played at that age too- the soundtracks to 'Jesus Christ Superstar" and "Hair". We ended up with the first Santana album and 'Who's Next', those definitely got a lot of play.

When punk showed up, though, that I really got excited about...
DEVO and the Buzzcocks and the Cramps, etc...
Before that it seemed like everything was music of a generation that wasn't really mine- like I was expected to revere a bunch of old hippies that left high school ages before me. Not that I didn't respect the best of that, and of course some of it is still tops in any era. But that energy of the latter seventies and very early eighties was really fantastic for music.
a23
a23
1004 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 00:14
Mine was the Floyd's "animals" - right in the summer of punk '77...took a tape of it on holiday to a remote part of scotland with my folks...nothing else to do at 15 years of age but play it over & over
Chaosmonger
977 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 01:11
I liked my dad's Purple, Zeppelin and Grand Funk albums but the first album I really loved was Guns N' Roses' Appetite For Destruction. Maybe because it was the first one I got into on my own accord..
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2007, 09:05
Apr 08, 2007, 07:26
"Laugh With The Comedians" on Granada records got played to death. As did the lp of the 66 and 70 World Cup Finals and quite a few KTel / Ronco comps.

First proper album I fell in love with? Ziggy or Slider. I can't remember which came first.
keith a
9573 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 10:05
Electric Warrior - T.Rex.

My sister was gonna get it, but she decided to get Funny How Sweet Coco Can Be and a New World LP instead.

So shortly afterwards I made the plunge with my hard earned pennies. (I had a couple of LP's I'd got with vouchers, but this was the first time I'd bought an LP with my own money). I can still remember the excitement. Sitting having my tea in a cafe, and just wanting to get home to play it. Taking it out of the bag and looking at the tracklisting, reading the lyrics, etc. And then finally getting home, putting it on and Mambo Sun blasting out.

Ah. Memeories are made of this. Still love it, too...
Pages: 8 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index