the first album you really loved in your life

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Re: the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 09, 2007, 17:45
Yep! gets to me every time, Elfy. DVD with his mockneycockney does my head in, though. Supercalafragalisticexbealidocious...... Come to think of it, there's a Lost Horizon lp around here somewhere. Blimey! ;D x
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 18:05
I reckon 'The Jungle Book' was the best. Great characters, animations and songs.

The trouble with all Disney movies of the 60s though, is all the liberties they take - mucking around with established stories and details (Sword In The Stone?). As well as crappy characaturing (sp?) of 'foreign' accents in order to appease some sample audience of ignorant burger chomping thickos who don't see much of the outside world.
Chaosmonger
977 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 23:05
Ya know, I listened to Topographic Oceans the other day and it's such bullshit that people call it 'overblown'. It's a very laidback album, really. The songs are long but there are in absolutely no rush to get where they're going. I wish it had Bruford on it (that goes for most albums) but it's still (mostly) great.
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: topo
Apr 09, 2007, 23:08
i've been saying that for years... apart from side three which is cock... it's the great unsung prog masterpiece...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 23:50
Abba 'Greatest Hits'

Not cool, but brilliant nonetheless.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Apr 10, 2007, 03:39
Hands down, "Abbey Road". I played it a lot when I was young and I always thought it was a new album (this is the early '80's) because it wasn't as worn out as our copy of Sgt. Peppers. Not sure when I figured out that the Beatles had broke up 15 years earlier. Still love it and play it all the time.
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Apr 10, 2007, 04:14
Led Zep's fourth album - the first record I heard that made me aware there's magic in music.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Apr 10, 2007, 07:28
You have changed, my Lord ;-)
flatboxertwin
flatboxertwin
369 posts

Apr 10, 2007, 11:25
If a sampler can count, then mine was Bumpers, 2lp Island release from 1970, feat Traffic, Tull, Drake, Martyn, Fotheringay et al.

If it has to be a proper album, then Led Zep III was the one.

I still love both to this day.
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Apr 10, 2007, 11:59
Easy rider. The soundtrack. Got it off me mates big brother when i was a motorbike mad 12 year old. Aint heard it for ages but i`d still love it...
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index