the first album you really loved in your life

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Re: the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 08, 2007, 10:25
I still like "Hair" a lot, both the film and the soundtrack.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 10:31
The first Sabbath album, the Beatles red and blue albums and Tubular Bells had me decided that this R'n'R thing had something to offer, then i got the Sabbath album, completely blew my mind, still think it's a masterpiece now, which is nice.
the dude
the dude
312 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 12:30
hawkwind in search of space, 15 yrs old and finding there was more than just metal to listen to,
Kid Calamity
9048 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 12:31
Ah, you beat me to it. Yes, 'Electric Warrior' for me, too. And thirty six years on it's still a fine body of work anybody should be very proud of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-OjYWjB5vk
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 12:52
Leaving aside a cheap MFP LP of Beethoven's Fifth that really wowed me as an impressionable eight year old, the first album that really floated my boat was The Faces' 'Ooh La La'. Great record, and the cover was great fun too.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 13:38
Quadrophenia, loaned to me by my aunt.

Then it was Sabotage, Black Sabbath.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 13:45
Definitely Oingo Boingo's Good For Your Soul...I was 6...I was a weird one, yeah...I still love it
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 15:57
hahaha yeah, mate, my Dad had that album back when we were living in Manchester. Ken Goodwin was my favourite.
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 16:07
the first album i really loved in my life would've been Chitty Chitty Bang Bang i reckon.

as for the first real music album i utterly loved, shit it all (music appreciation) came in one big rush. i can remember being fucking blown away by Tubeway Army' Are Friends Electric? i wore that bastard out but really at exactly the same time Hunky Dory sat me on my arse and Let There Be Rock was, well, the beginning of the fuckin' end as far as i was concerned.
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 20:42
Oh blimey, mine was the first I ever bought, which was 'Rio' by Duran Duran. I've still got it; I walked to school and ate minimal school dinners for over a week to save my bus and dinner money to buy that record! DON'T find myself listening to it much nowadays though I have to say.

Minxa backs quietly out of the room on tip toes hoping things don't get thrown at her...
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index