Unsung Forum »
the first album you really loved in your life

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
dee
1955 posts

Re: the first album you really loved in your life
Apr 08, 2007, 20:43
Wings Greatest Hits....my first lp, loved it!!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 20:47
I think my Mum's still got the album track for Jesus Christ Superstar - Ian Gillan wasn't it? I don't remember liking it much as a lass but once I was over my Duranie phase I did quite appreciate it. I'm not doing myself any favours on this thread am I?
Valve2
Valve2
84 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 20:58
Status Quo - Dog of Two Head.

Dungadungadungadungadungadungadungadung
Ka!dungadungadungadunga... etc
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Edited Apr 08, 2007, 21:00
Apr 08, 2007, 21:00
Don't be ashamed... ;-)
I bought Rio too and the first Duran Duran album back in the 80's. I was not on the "Black Sabath side", you know ;-)
handofdave
handofdave
3515 posts

Apr 08, 2007, 23:47
Carlos wrote:
I still like "Hair" a lot, both the film and the soundtrack.

Milos Forman did a pretty good job with that, yeah. It's a pretty unique musical. Godspell tried to catch some of it's momentum but was a little too full of itself I think.
vince
vince
1628 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 02:40
Aladdin Sane. Still one of my favouritist.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 06:39
My mam & dad had JCSS, cracked me up everytime Gillan started singing.
I still have their copy of Evita somewhere, i dig it out and play 'Another Suitcase' and have a good cry every once in a while.
Time to dig out West Side Story i think.
whilst i'm on the subject 'Feed The Birds' from Mary Poppins, reduces me to a blubbering wreck everytime, because it reminds me of my Mam, as does any Lloyd Webber thingy, and the introduction to Sing Something Simple [ Is that still on the radio?] oh dear i've come over all nostalgic.
Adman
Adman
157 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 08:01
When I was about eleven years of age I went into my local Library in Leicester and found that they were selling a slightly battered copy of Kraftwerk's Autobahn LP on the Vertigo label. I thought it looked interesting so I paid 50p and rushed home to listen to my first album.

I remember putting the vinyl on my Dad's Garrard deck and listening through his Sennheiser headphones. I was transfixed and this started a 30 odd year addiction to music.

Have to say the sound on that old 1974 vinyl was way better than the copy of Autobahn I bought on CD (around 1984). I recently listened to a copy of the Kraftwerk Remasters (as part of the The Catalogue release). Although the Remastered Autobahn is way better than the early 80's CD I'm still convinced it's not as good as that old 50p vinyl purchase!!
Sowiesoso
122 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 08:18
mine was Quiet life by Japan & I still remember getting the tube to buy it from Wood Green OurPrice. A little while later I remember seing Raw Power by Iggy and the Stooges in the same store but my suburban arse was too shocked by its debauched sleeve to buy it until much later. That was definitely another album that generated passion
Hunter T Wolfe
Hunter T Wolfe
1710 posts

Apr 09, 2007, 10:09
The Mission, 'God's Own Medicine.' Can't say I've listened to it recently, but it'll always have a place on the shelf.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index