Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

C93 - FIRST ALBUM
Mar 31, 2004, 21:43
Sev,

As Beebon says, Tibet's tonsil vibrations really are an aquired (or not aquired!) taste.

I reckon you would like the first album (Nature Unveiled), if you are after something without his normal voice.

For want of a better term, it's more 'Industrial' sounding- Loops, Electronics and Processing.

A very stunning album IMHO.

If you like the early Coil material and some of the early NWW material, then this is for you.

The CD reissue features tracks from a free 7" given away with the original first 1000 copies and two live tracks (Amsterdam and Brighton 1984) which were culled from bootlegs.
Tom Evans
100 posts

SPOOOOOKY!!!
Mar 31, 2004, 22:10
JT-

Yeah, that album is very very eerie!

Someone on a recent thread mentioned that they listened to Coil on a walkman whilst strolling through the woods- well, you would have to be made of strong stuff to listen to "Ach Golgotha (Maldoror Is Dead)", the first track on "Nature Unveiled"!

An INCREDIBLE piece of music - recommended.
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: SPOOOOOKY!!!
Mar 31, 2004, 22:31
I think the track- "The Burial Of The Sardine" would be far more of an "eerie" experience.
I wouldn't listen to that track on a walkman whilst deep in the woods!
It's scary enough in the comfort of your living room.
Tom Evans
100 posts

Possibly...........
Mar 31, 2004, 22:47
......one of the spookiest albums ever recorded.
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 31, 2004, 23:04
The Maze - Armageddon, (organ heavy moody Doorsian psych, got it yesterday and it sucks big style)

Air - Talkie Walkie, (like this one, a grower, but like everyhting they've done so far)

The Seeds - Future
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Fuck-normal-music week
Apr 01, 2004, 00:00
Yep, 'Stuermischer Himmel' is better, I reckon. More evocative of an environment in a way. 'Musik fuer Alle' tames their sound sound a bit with studio trickery, though it's still worth listening to. Haven't heard the s/t album.
As a bit of an aside, I love the covers for both albums, they really stand out to me for some reason.
Riddley Walker
174 posts

Apr 01, 2004, 00:08
A lot of people would like to see Armand Schaubroeck...Dead- Working class Rochester drawl! A unique album, funny, disturbing and moving. I have become a massive fan of Armand's stuff since I got hold of a copy of Ratfucker a few months ago, and my friends have been converted by force, but this album is far more personal, sprawling, the characters seem more real than the hilarious grotesques of Ratfucker... One of my all time favourite album covers as well!

Amon Duul- Paradiewarts duul
Amon Duul II- Carnival in Babylon- It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago and I spent most of the cash recieved from relatives and more on trying to achieve the Krautrocksampler top 50, can't get enough of the music, but I'm becoming financially ruined!

Neu!-75 ...An absolute classic that rocks and soothes in equal measure, as has already been well establised on this forum

Impossible but True.. The Kim Fowley Story- Some of the songs seem to have a somewhat tenuous connection to KF, some are really good in their own right. Interesting collection anyway...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Apr 01, 2004, 00:09
I've been thinking of doing the same with 'Dreams Less Sweet' for quite a while too (must motivate myself to write some of those goddamn reviews I keep promising to myself I'm gonna do. heheh). Anyway, that was the gateway album for me really. As a 16 year old indie kid it changed the way I listened to music and the direction I was going in with it. It perplexed and fascinated me for years. And still does. So, I'm pretty biased. That's why I put off getting 'Force the Hand of Chance', really I suppose. Didn't want to be disappointed, and I was a bit. It might grow on me, but I just feel like 'Dreams Less Sweet' is more timeless (it doesn't have so many dodgy Fairlight sounds on it for a start).
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Apr 01, 2004, 01:12
Years back I had DLS on vinyl and it came witb another album/ep..was this Force the Hand of Chance?..that title seems familiar

of course,it got nicked.geez..20-some years ago
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Apr 01, 2004, 01:15
Been listening to the Seeds first 3 heavily for the last few weeks..do you have a writeup of them at your site,BD?

Also just got Moon Safari from the library..having never heard Air before..and quite like it,save for the songs w/the female vocalist
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index