Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

seeds
Apr 01, 2004, 22:20
anyone else been to see them on their current tour?
I went to see them last week in Glasgow and was pretty pleased with the show they put on. Sky still has something quite special, I think.
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Ha!
Apr 01, 2004, 22:24
I missed out a lot of their middle period - bought the first maybe 6-7 Live series albums then got fed up (should've kept on for the first 10 and got the freebie yellow album) then picked them up again mid-90's with Trip Reset which has a number of good moments on it.

I always enjoyed Pagan Day - must check out allegory & self tho'
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2608 posts

Re: Vital! 1978
Apr 02, 2004, 00:43
It's as raw as fuck, to be blunt. And makes most punk bands of the time sound tame in places. I love it.

But track down the original double vinyl, and avoid the CD like the plague. Not only are essential tracks missing from the latter, but the CD sounds tinny and tame by comparision. More than any other VdGG release, this begs for a decent remastering. But bearing in mind the indifference shown to the whole (non-Genesis related) Charisma back catalogue (whither those superb mid-period Hawkwind albums these days?) I wouldn't hold your breath.
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Apr 02, 2004, 21:04
The Millenium - Begin (summer's on its way afterall)

Orbital - Middle of Nowhere (probably my most played Orbital these days)

Robert Wyatt - Rock Bottom

Amorphous Androgenous - The Isness (some of this is great although some of the vocals/lyrics make me cringe)

Cold Sun - Dark Shadows (Texas psych monster, absolute must have album if you like Easter Everywhere)
Gnomon
Gnomon
1121 posts

:o)
Apr 03, 2004, 09:50
'80s B-Side Vinyl Disaster' - = Brilliant!

Heard most but, and this is the great thing, don't have any of the tracks in my record collection.
Didn't even know the Bauhaus track existed! Was trying to remember who recorded 'Good Technology' just the other day! And 'Adrenochrome', like 'Floorshow' is the Sisters at their best.
Many thanks, Monganaut. I shall be pissing off my wife with this collection when we're painting in the dining room this weekend! Excellent.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index