Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

106 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 28, 2004, 15:21
OK, first off I might as well mention the free disc that came with TYR #2 where Cope's two "Odin" albums got reviewed. Frankly I getting tired of most "pagan" music in general, but there are some tracks that aren't bad... Well Mike Mein-Kampf-ihan, err... Moynihan ;^) has two tracks here with his Blood Axis thing -- the first is the best he's done with an Irish folk influence creeping in. The second is a collaboration with De La Joyess De La Princess or something where strangely he sounds like he has the same lisp I do (!) -- but not quite the Rochestarian working-class drawl I have. (Have you had too much Absinthe Mike?)

I don't know what 16 Horsepower are doing here... They've been getting a buzz in the above-ground press for yrs. The singer looks like Tom Petty and sounds like whats-his-name from the Waterboys, but their track isn't too bad... Not too much else I like besides In Gowan Ring (who sound uncannily like Nick Drake) and a really weird track by Waldteufel. But Primordial's prog-folk shite really bites the big Wazoo!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index