Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Mar 30, 2004, 00:22
what does the twenty six six one sound like? I'd wondered about getting hold of that one
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: Mont's Solo Album - wooooaaaahhh!!
Mar 30, 2004, 06:01
The 'ethnic instruments' tag made me wonder about it too.
But then I thought, I couldn't imagine MC doing a 'flight of the condor' type thing (now that IS a horror story!), not when you think of EGG tracks like "Boilk" and "Nearch".
Still, fingers crossed Fitter! Put a post up when you've given it a good sitting.....

JT ;-)
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Jarcrew
Mar 30, 2004, 08:44
The remixed album is pretty much the same but with sharper production. If you get a chance to catch them live don't miss it! They're very energetic!
keith a
9572 posts

painted black
Mar 30, 2004, 10:38
Hope the Mo-dettes are there!!
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 10:41
See, you wanna do like I do and end up with slobs or folk with obsessive compulsive disorder. You never get asked to do anything about the house. Kinda makes the rest of the time a bit crap, mind.
keith a
9572 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 10:54
ELECTRELANE: The Power Out (not sounding as good as their debut yet, but give it time)

KRAFTWERK: Radio Activity (not their greatest album by any means IMO, but the title track is superb)

THE NOTWIST: Different Cars & Trains (remix LP)

STEREOLAB: Margerine Eclipse (sounding very good on early plays)

T.REX: The Tanx Recordings (you get the stops / starts, inbtween song banter, and - perhaps more controversially - slightly altered mixes. Except the mix of 20th Century Boy b-side Free Angel is better than the original with the strings turned up in the mix)

WIRE: I Am The Fly / Outdoor Miner (two great POP singles from yesteryear, one in a Syd sort of way, the other with one of the finest chorus's ever written).
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Fuck-normal-music week
Mar 30, 2004, 11:07
Walter Marchetti – Antibarbarus
Put this on whilst in the bath, as most of it sounds like it was recorded under water. Disorientating stuff.

Anima Sound – Musik Für Alle
Lo-fi Germanic weirdness of parping, wailing and droning noises.

Nurse With Wound – To the Quiet Men From A Tiny Girl
Second album, not as good as ‘Chance Meeting…’, though has its moments.

The Boredoms – Super ae
In preparation for seeing them tonight. Not so keen on this as ‘Vision Creation Newsun’, but still pretty damn good.

Psychic TV – Force the Hand of Chance
Strangely someone else here said they’d listened to this album this week. I only heard this for the first time a few weeks ago. It has its moments, but sounds kind of dated to my ears. ‘Dreams Less Sweet’ is a far superior album in my opinion.

Igor Wakhevitch – Donc…
Listened to the ‘Logos’ and ‘Faust’ albums from this box set again. Mad orchestral stuff with concrete and rock elements. Uncategorisable weirdness.

Coil – Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil
Maddest and loudest of the most recent Coil releases. Love it.

Lard Free – Spirale Malaxe
French harshly oozing Frippery.

Stapleton/Tibet – Musical Pumpkin Cottage
Krautrock influenced album by NWW And Current93 guys. Great stuff. I keep coming back to this one again and again
Cock-a-Doodle
803 posts

Re: Fuck-normal-music week
Mar 30, 2004, 17:12
I agree Mr Lucan, Dreeams Less Sweet is a total classic - according to an email i got from Gen last year (he was pissed off as i slagged the PTV live series off - tho i love them really!!) Dreams Less Sweet is due for re-release by Voiceprint some time this year - hope that happens cos my old Some Bizarre copy is getting well old. I still love Force The Hand Of Chance tho, cos thats the one that got me started listening to PTV, TG, NWW, C93, DIJ, Whitehouse, etc etc etc etc - God bless that album - might write a review of it one day.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Rush
Mar 30, 2004, 17:36
Agreed. After reading those, Orwell's "Animal Farm" seems like a remarkably sophisticated and mature political allegory (not that I'm dissing it or anything, but once you get past about age 16 the metaphor does seem strikingly obvious).
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Rush
Mar 30, 2004, 17:40
Well ... it's libertarian, rather than fascist. But despite the fact that fascism is a totalitarian movement, and libertarianism is ostensibly the direct opposite of totalitarianism, in practise they would probably end up fostering similar consequences.

What I find objectionable about the "free will" philosophy (as promoted by the likes of Ayn Rand) is that it seems to include the freedom to trample all over the free will of anyone who isn't in a position to defend their freedoms as aggressively as you are. Rather than being directly fascist, libertarianism is really capitalism at it's most extreme and ugly.
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index