Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: painted black
Mar 30, 2004, 17:48
Sadly Keith no :-(

That was a great single- Great sleeve too (the swimming pool) Saw them about late 1980 in manchester on 'The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Tour' with Roddy Radiation's Tearjerkers and The Bureau (the original Dexy's lot without KR, but with Mick Talbot =:I)
Melissa Modette signed my Modettes T-Shirt and I didn't wash it for months.....it got ripped off my back when I went to see The Damned / Anti-Nowhere League at Colwyn Bay Pier in 1981 :-(
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Rush
Mar 30, 2004, 18:00
That's the point I was making! And the way Geddy intones the words "I will use free will" does sound fascist even if it isn't. Libertarians do have good points but many of them just seem too pro-capitalist for me -- more that they don't want to keep caps on the runaway greed of big business. Free expression is one thing but protecting people and the environment from exploitation is another.
keith a
9573 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 18:06
>The Bureau (the original Dexy's lot without KR, >but with Mick Talbot =:I)

Not the best swap I've ever come across!!

Pardon my football parlance, but it's a bit like swapping Thierry Henry for Diego Forlan ; )
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Re: Fuck-normal-music week
Mar 30, 2004, 18:24
Have you heard any of the other Anima albums? "Musik für alle" is regarded by most fans as their worst album. Personally, I think "Stürmischer Himmel" and the s/t are much better.

Darren
don quixote
232 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 19:06
Mick Talbot wasn't singing though- I forgot to add!

The singer was a bloke by the name of Archie- what became of him- I don't know...

My mate's cousin was Dexy's original drummer- Andy 'Stoker' Growcott and that's how we got on the tour- well, three dates! - They played in Wrexham too- the only reason that kept us there were the Mo-Dettes.....does that mean we were the Mo-Dettes boy- groupies?.....I don't think I/We would be eligible for that stance now.....oh.....sweet bird of youth....where have you flown?..... :-I
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Mar 30, 2004, 19:09
Bloody Hell! That's so weird Don....did you dance on stage - ha!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

modette groupie stance
Mar 30, 2004, 19:15
...hey, many a good tune played on an old fiddle

(groan)

I'm off out for a beer!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Re: Rush
Mar 30, 2004, 22:08
I always thought the key lyric was: "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

That's sort of a brilliant little aphorism, though I betcha Mr. Peart cribbed it from Heidigger or Hume or somebody else.

But as for the rest . . . errr, I did say I went back and forth from thinking that tune was either really smart and really stupid. ;-)
don quixote
232 posts

This Site is HAUNTED.......
Mar 30, 2004, 23:18
......before I sent in my entry above, I typed up a whole paragraph relating to the Mo-Dettes on tour-
then pressed 'send message', I saw it go up on the board, then it disappeared- shit! - that has made goosebumps and made my eyes water........I'm off for the night........ 8-O
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Don Gibson
Mar 30, 2004, 23:33
I've been listening to, as usual, Laura Cantrell. Also, after Carlos asked about Portuguese music, Almeria Rodrigues.
Anyway, after John Peel played LC'a Xmas seesion he played 'Sweet Dreams' by Don Gibson. What a voice! Any recommendations anyone?

x
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index