Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: C93
Apr 01, 2004, 01:19
Cheers Beebon and everyone..can't see myself investing in any more C93 unless somehow his voice clicks with me..which I don't see happening..but Tibet and C93 still intrigue..ah well.

Does the stuff he did with NWW feature his voice heavily as well?
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Re: C93
Apr 01, 2004, 01:39
Well now, his 'voice' features in there somewhere, but the only comparison I can make regarding 'Nature Unveiled' is that it's like the voice of 'Regan' in the film- 'The Exorcist'........on crack!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

C93 / NWW
Apr 01, 2004, 01:53
Just thought-

The track on N.U. named "Burial of the Sardine" is a collaboration with NWW.

They've guested on each others projects (i.e. C93 and NWW) over the years and also done a trio of albums as 'Stapleton & Tibet' which seem to me to be more of an easier ride as it were.
One album- "Musical Pumpkin Cottage"- even has a kind of blistering krautrock vibe to it.

There is an album from a few years ago which was billed as 'the first proper collaboration' between C93 and NWW called "Purtle", again, I find it easier to get into this than the 'apocalyptic folk' C93 material, which brings into question, is it Stapleton's and (Colin) Potter's expertise at the mixing console that lend his vocals the atmosphere to make it work more? ....hmmmm this IS confusing isn't it!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

PTV - Freebie album
Apr 01, 2004, 02:07
Firstly...

My Lord! Cock-a-D! The Sev!.....Hello!

Didn't realise there was another 'type of chat' going on further down....

The first edition of "Force the Hand..." came with an album named "Themes"- which had various sounding 'ritual' musics for 'use' in the TOPY 'goings on'.
These were pieces with the infamous Tibetan Human Thighbone Trumpet things as well as Odd Percussives and er...bicycle wheels - I typed POTY before by mistake....maybe it was a clearer message coming through the dark ether....

That said, I did like PTV - anyone heard that album "Allegory & Self" ??

Quite a psyche / folk / late 60s / feel to it - a real simg-a-long jobby, believe it or not!

Cari Saluti !!
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

DLS / Allegory & Self
Apr 01, 2004, 02:15
Just picking up on what Cock-a-D was saying, you can get DLS and A&S on Amazon UK.

I don't know if Voiceprint are going to do a plush type package or what.......

Yeah DLS is one amazing album alright
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: PTV - Freebie album
Apr 01, 2004, 04:21
Hmm..well I *Know* My DLS came with another album..and for some reasons I have a 'playing card' image for it,which could be just my mind playing with "hand of Chance" as in hand of cards,but....I dunno...

Seems to me it was "ritual musik" of some sort....but it's been so long...

Ah..a (not so quick) google reveals..

The Full Pack / The Mad Organist / Catalan<
Some Bizzare/CBS - XPR 1251 -12"Single
(Included with first 5000 copies of Dreams Less Sweet)

Ha!..Pack..deck..well, I was getting there... that may be it..

Annnnyway.....
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Anima covers.
Apr 01, 2004, 06:07
I'm glad someone else agrees: the covers are amazing! The s/t cover is good though not amazing, though you can't tell from the small JPEGs you'll find online.

I still need to pick up the other Anima stuff that's been reissued on CD; I hear it's pretty good, too. Possibly the one krautrock band that didn't go soft?

Darren
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Ha!
Apr 01, 2004, 09:04
Like the voice of Mr.Sebastian says at the end of the 'Force....' album

"....sceptics will say....the psychic process does not work.......but it DOES!"

I think there was also a 'Themes II' and 'III' and possibly a 'IV' and 'V'!

Sev, or anyone, if you have any info on which is the best of the Live Series of PTV- I'd like to know-

Another album I really like of theirs is "Kondole/Dead Cat".
Beautiful Day
Beautiful Day
779 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Apr 01, 2004, 12:49
Hi Severin,
The first 3 Seeds albums are class, I have 'em on the site but not reviewed them.

If you like the more instrumental stuff off Moon Safari then you'd probably really like the Premier Symptomes EP. Personally I think it's one of their best releases, but then I like all their stuff :)
all the best
BD
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 28/3/04
Apr 01, 2004, 16:14
Yeah, I like Premier, too, but Moon Safari's definitely the one for me!!
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index