Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Re: Soundtracks Of Our Lives 15/02/04
Feb 16, 2004, 09:47
For me this week will mostly consist of a mix of:

Some album by some NOISEMAKER bods... (Don't think it's anything to do with Sacha Distell!!) It's rather crackingly good I must say! :op (Oooo still owe you LL, will sling a few quid in the post for you today!!)

Last Splash - The Breeders.
Will never ever ever tire of listening to Kim Deal. Probably my fav band in the whole world. Love her voice and love the woman.

Various - Kristen Hersch
Thanks to Gnomon :o) Fantastic stuff..

Various - Tanya Donnelly and Belly
Thanks to Gnomon :o)

The Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House
"When Michael Jackson dies we're covering Blackbird" love it....

Various - Ramblings from Mr Belbin.

The White Stripes - Elephant
Sorry.. can't fault it. Best band I've seen in a blinking long time.

The Darkness - Permission to land
Not even going to apologise for this - COCK ON!!

Lamb - Fear of Fours
Baby brother went to see them at Brixton on Friday and I thought I'd listen today... tis a corker!

All the above are on my hard-drive on a random shuffle so I don't know whats on next! Keeps my working day going.. can have a boogie and a sing song!!

Nat xx
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Feb 16, 2004, 09:52
Dinosaur Jr - Without A Sound
Bloody excellent - really energetic (well mostly) fun couple of tracks aren't up to their usual level, but whizzing down to Selsey with this on repeat at full volume on Saturday was lovely

James Holden - Balance.005
Double CD of excellent progressive/breaks - live he is awesome!!
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Feb 16, 2004, 10:00
Alan Parker - Urban Warrior. Fall-esque tunes from Simon Munnery accompanied by fellow comedians Stewart Lee and Al Murray. Actually quite good.

And the usual other stuff.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2612 posts

Re: Our Price?!
Feb 16, 2004, 10:04
Yes, there are still a few Our Prices left, though they're disappearing fast. Some have been rebadged as Sanity. I think Virgin owns 'em now. Their closing down sales are well worth checking out. Makes up for the full prices they charged before.

(Being a Geordie, I always called 'em 'Ower Priced'!)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 16, 2004, 13:59
Low Life was a good album but the beginning of the end for New Order IMO.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Shit!
Feb 16, 2004, 14:04
Forgot to mention the new CD Monkey Boy sent me! (Sorry Monkey...) Less Britpop more folksy and psychedelic.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: Our Price?!
Feb 16, 2004, 14:51
But at least Our Price actually had records and CDs in them. The Our Price shops that have been turned into Virgin shops in London are now full of mobile phones and the only music you can buy seems to be the Top 20 or nothing.
Lugia
970 posts

Feb 16, 2004, 15:59
Agreed...it's the pinnacle from which the big tumble started. The anger and darkness is still present, but as the subsequent albums came out, the sense of inspiration just started crumbling in a very public way. Not too coincidentally, I think, is the fact that they got their Big American Record Deal <tm> right around the time of "Low Life".
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

Re: moon cat! mr night and mr day
Feb 16, 2004, 17:27
how about that? mr night and mr day is the album that's a spin-off from my band knights of the occasional table and as far as i'm aware has sold about three copies. thanks for totally unsolicited plug. where, may i ask, did you pick it up?
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: moon cat! mr night and mr day
Feb 16, 2004, 18:10
Wow..I had read MC's soundtrax entry and thought this sounded interesting,and sure enough..the info I found pretty much states as you said above

Here..
http://www.global-trance.co.uk/Mr_Night.html

where there's alink to the Liberated Astronaut site

How cool!.tempted,but 'imports' get to be a bit pricey..
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index