Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Calling Grufty Jim (& the rest of you 2)

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

Fight the beast
Nov 09, 2002, 16:48
I accept that I may kill someone everytime I get into a car. I may indirectly kill someone through sitting in the street. Life is about minimising the risks to yourself and to others, but the risks remain.

I don't condemn your attitude as you are following principles I have signed up to and followed scrupulously so far.

However, it does leave me open to the charge of being a bleeding heart liberal, someone who uses gesture tactics that really only serve to ease my own conscience while other people die. I find it frustrating that I could have a real effect on the USuk killing machine and yet I hold my fire out of respect for the saintly consciences of those I work with. If the current war on Iraq intensifies then I would condemn no attack on the UK from those we persecute, not even if my own family is killed.
You say that you would kill from a biological imperitive to save your own kin. That is my reasoning too, I see this war as a threat to everyone I know.

Gandhi said he could have defeated Nazism using nvda though he admitted the casualty rates would have been enormous.
I think he was wrong, I think Nazism should have been fought violently, and I feel like the Bavarian you previously descibed me as.

My taxes are spreading death in the middle east.
I have been made complicit in many massacres, and I am very resentful of that. I remain non-violent in the hope my country comes to its senses, but I have been waiting a long time and I am getting restless.

I would kill Saddam if I had the chance, and I don't think he is much worse than our own leaders.

As for the belt buckle philosphy of 'battle ye not with monsters lest you become a monster', I have no respect for that line at all, it is a holier than thou philosphy of passive compliance.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index