Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
Calling Grufty Jim (& the rest of you 2)

60 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
YerArseInParsley
365 posts

goodnight Florence, time for bed
Nov 10, 2002, 12:35
I didn't mean the military would suffer from defence cuts, I just meant the resulting short term chaos would affect military personnel outside of their work /getting to their work / getting food etc as much as the rest of us. I realise the vunerable suffer most from any action and the military the least. The vunerable suffer most period.
I know the military have their own tankers and their own pipelines. They may be better guarded but they are vunerable too. Once I 'successfully' blockaded a military oil depot - no one noticed so we eventually got bored and left. Military transports of any kind can be hit by blocks and lock-ons and all the tactics that are currently only used against the nuclear warhead convoys, though obviously they will kick the shit out of protestors during war, as they sometimes do anyway. The gulf bases aren't the only ones worth hitting during war, there are many bases in the UK that will play a direct role in the invasion, though I realise cutting the oil here won't cut the oil to the front given the nature of the battlefield.
Was the damage to the economy from the previous oil blockade ever quantified ?
I'd like to add to the costs of an invasion for it is not just a war for oil, but a war for oil profits. We'd get the oil from the French and Russians anyway.

All the activists I know have prepared their own plans of action in the event of war. Some will be causing disruption to cities, I can't see the point in that though I know that will be another effect of what I propose.
Many will be targeting military bases. I'd rather hit the oil infrastructure, partly because I don't think the British army wants this war and it is wrong to interfere with an army during a war, even an unjust war, partly because hitting military targets will fail and the oil infrastrucure is both relevant and vunerable. The army are fairly good at their job, and they will use whatever force is necessary.
My blockade wouldn't be able to last as long as the previous blockade, at least not if it follows nvda guiding principles.

If you talk me out of this action, ( which would hopefully include hitting the oil company offices not just depots) my personal second choice of target is the politicians that pursue it.
Give me a decent way to hit the front benches directly and I'd be grateful (and I'll leave Claire Short alone).
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index