45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Feb 24, 2011, 09:40
Re: Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!
Feb 24, 2011, 09:38
Motorsport is one of those things like golf, rugby union and tennis that leaves me totally cold. I just don't get it though F1 seems to me to be as close as we have got to international corporate sponsored / funded teams battling it out a la Rollerball in a sport that ordinary people can never hope to experience first hand as amateurs.

Not sure I can get excited about the idea of supporting Renault United or whatever though it is a fine line between that and a team owned by any other bilionaire. Then again all pro sports are a con on one level and demand a suspension of disbelief. I can do that for football and ice hockey but not for F1 or the US Open or whatever.

As an aside this is one of the very few HH posts recently to even allude to what is going on in North Africa and the Middle East. Is this because of "our" (ie the British left's) somewhat conflicted relationship with Gaddafi over the years or just a general (and very wise) adherence to the don't-speak-of-that-which-you-don't-know maxim?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index