Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!
Feb 23, 2011, 22:19
As i said, even formula one fans think he's a twat. They call it the Formula One circus when it comes to town. I wrote a letter to Niki Lauda when he was temporary editor of (the now dead)F1 magazine to tell him in no uncertain terms that i thought calling it a circus was just the same as calling it a burlesque. i hate the image that Formula One has, i hate that the drivers mostly come from a monied background, i hate that some of them wear their planet sized egos on their sleeves. i hate the towing of the party line when the team isn't pulling in the same direction.

but more than anything else in Formula One i hate the poison dwarf, his strangle hold and greedy fucking deals that guarantee more and more and more millions for him to squirrel away.

I fucking hated when he took Spa Francorchamp off the calendar in 06 (or thereabouts). Spa is probably the greatest race circuit in the world for this formula. He took it because the belgium Govt wouldn't stump up the extortionate fee he expects now. I fucking hated him threatening Silverstone and after it has all shaken down i hate the fact he's - albeit indirectly - left the once venerable Donnington all broken up and turned over like a building site. i hate the way he could at any minute just sell the sports viewing rights to Sky and wouldn't give a fuck about me and all the millions of viewers that would refuse to pay per view. i loathe that he only uses Hermann Tilke to design the new super-tracks, tracks that are rubbish, have too big run off areas so the drivers aren't scared and in all the years he's been building them is still searching for the holy grail of a track that promotes overtaking. he doesn't even bid to design and build these crappy loops of tarmac with a big fuck off hotel on them, he just gets the job and we all know it's because he hefts a fortune to Ecclestone for giving him the work.

It's not about Formula One to old Bernie, it's about making the spectacle so goddamned huge that his taking five or ten million a race won't really be noticed.

...or something like that.

All i want is strong competition and two hundred miles an hour cars after he's gone.

as for MotoGP? ... Nah! x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index