Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!

45 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Bernie Ecclestone - Uber twat!
Feb 22, 2011, 22:35
Says in the Independent that Ecclestone said yesterday.

'It is sad that Bahrain has had to withdraw from the race. We wish the whole nation well as they begin to heal their country.'

I know he's a wanker, all Formula one fans know he's a wanker so i'm not jumping to his defence as such but maybe as a racing fan i'd defend motorsport as compared to all the millionaire footballers who bed hop, buy a Lamborghini a week and blow their cash on whores, gambling and shagging their mates wives.

not to mention all the diving...

long distance cycling is riddled with drug abuse (but lance armstrong is a fucking hero)

Athletics can have it's big drug moments.

Horse racing is fucking rigged nuffsaid.

I'm not sure that people would regard Formula One racing drivers simply as multi millionaires and i'm pretty sure that their race cars wouldn't be thought of as cock extensions and if that was the case that would surely cover all motorsport drivers in every discipline from Rally through to Stock car, Nascar, British Touring Car, Formula Ford,Formula Three/Two, Indycar, Sprint Car Hillclimb, Drag racing... then there's motorcycle racing, Road racing, Motocross, Speedway, Ice speedway.

The list is endless. All cock extensions?

Then there's the list of the dead drivers.

this list is only Formula One drivers. i'll just take it from 1970.

Bruce Mclaren (testing) 1970
Piers Courage (Dutch Grand Prix Zandvoort)1970
(The mighty) Jochen Rindt(Practice Italian GP Monza Italy)1970
Jo Siffert (Brands Hatch)1971
Jo Bonnier (24 hour Le mans)
Roger Wiliamson(Dutch GP Zandvoort)1973
Francois Cevert (USA GP) '73
Peter Revson(South African GP) 74
Helmutt Koenigg (USA GP) 74
Mark Donohue(Austrian GP)75
Tom Pryce (Kyalami South Africa) '77
(The brilliant) Ronnie Peterson (Italian GP) '78
Patrick Depallier(Hockenheim) '80
(The monster) Gilles Villeneuve(Belgian GP Zolder) '82
Riccardo Paletti(Canadian GP)'82
Manfred Winklehock(Sportscar race Canada) '85
Stefan Bellof (Spa Francorchamps. Eau Rouge infact. horrendous) '85
Elio De Angelis (Paul Ricard circuit France) '86
Roland Ratzenberger (San Marino GP Imola Italy) '94
Ayrton Senna(The same weekend as Ratzenberger. truly a tragic weekend)'94
Michele Alboreto (Testing an Audi R8 Germany) '01

not to mention Ascari in 55, Peter Collins 58, Wolfgang von Trips '61, Jim Clark, Mike Spence, Jo Schlesser,Grahame Hill...

I'm not having a dig mate but Formula One is a very real sport and yes it's drivers are well paid and yes their cars are getting safer every year but Mark Webber was incredibly lucky to walk away from a terrible crash last year and Robert Kubica is still in hospital after a rally accident several weeks back whilst following his other passion as well as keeping his eye in.

As for the environment? hands up, you've got me but i will say that every major sport carries a huge carbon footprint once again a football comparison . The building of the hundreds and hundreds of Stadia across the world and all the fuel used to get all those hundreds of millions of football fans around the world to the games held in all those stadiums under white lights and all the electricity burned by television companies making the broadcast to the hundreds and hundreds of millions of people burning electricity in their homes watching the match.
compared to 24 2.4 litre V8 Formula one cars and their jumbo jets for the long haul flights and trucks for the short haul races and the tracks that are built.

I bet you there's not much in it when the dust all settles down.

they're introducing 1600 cc engines with a turbo from 2014 so the engines will be proper small. i don't think it will offset jack because of the design and manufacture process let alone the testing, but hey even Formula One has to be seen to be trying.

you either 'get' racing or you don't but such sweeping statements about them merely being millionaires (only half the grid takes more than a million home at the end of the year)who merely drive cock extensions strikes me as a little misinformed.

James Hunt used to puke from fear everytime he raced, he was convinced he wouldn't make the chequered flag and with a death rate of two or three a year and his style of driving you wouldn't have bet against that prediction.

As for Bernie?

He's a little schmuck who made an oily garage car formula into a fucking huge concern and he's a little bastard too but knowing from having read dozens and dozens of interviews with him and articles monthly about the man i know he wouldn't have said that, certainly not in a callous or uncaring way, maybe he was caught on the hop between his car and the office or summink.

As I say Moonie, this isn't a dig, just defending my ridiculous addiction to fast fucking cars !
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index