50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Feb 25, 2010, 02:19
Re: House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy
Feb 25, 2010, 02:08
*meep* motherfucker *meep* - Damn it, I just changed my avatar to beaker and it didnt bloody work.. grrr... hyuk, hyuk.. er cache...

Nah, it wasn't aimed at you per se, but you see to people who struggle to get their hard work funded then those attitudes are well.. they are the enemy yeah ? and seeing the NHS fund something so completely lacking in anything approaching scientific rigour freaks all of us, in many different fields, the fuck out.

I'm not being gnarly, gnashy, I thought you got me by now. A snide remark maybe, thats me. I'm bound to look down on something which from a scientific perspective is at best a joke and at worst a horrifying scam.

As for the rulebooks changing etc, etc. Yep, I've seen that in my own work, and I saw a whole heap of other things too which made me drop the pencil, say 'fuck it then' and switch entirely into my art and post-structuralist philosophy. But don't think there is a consensus about the weirdness, or the theories (that will forever remain unproveable) Check this book..

Not Even Wrong: The Failure of String Theory and the Continuing Challenge to Unify the Laws of Physics - Peter Woit. tis damn good at showing the glaring holes in current practice, it supports what your saying while challenging it. In short a proper analysis of the state of play.

Edit : But the book is flawed, of course. Thats the game.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index