50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Re: House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy
Feb 24, 2010, 15:53
tingltangl wrote:
Hi Pooley. It would be useful if you could precisely define what you mean by "high quality, rigorously designed trails"? For more evidence in favour of homeopathy and a critique of the lancet study look here:

http://blog.homeopathic.com/2010/02/case-for-homeopathy-historical.html

You wont like this pooley. Its written by a homeopath.

To say that ALL GPs in the uk are aginst homeopathy is not true. There are over 400 GPs in the uk who epenly use homeopathy in their practice, and many more who refer their clients to the homeopathic hospitals or quietly recommend homeopathy to those who they can no longer help.

To suggest that the "water memory" hypothesis has been put to bed is also untrue. It seems that this is a growing field of research.

http://lucmontagnierfoundation.org/montagnier/article-26-electromagnetic-signals-are-produced-by-aqueous-nanostructures-derived-from-bacterial-dna

Im sorry that you received such a patronising and insulting email from an alleged homeopath. There are clearly very strong feelings on both sides and the debate can often descend into scenes straight out of the playground.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that recommending homeopathic prophylaxis is stupid and irresponsible and not something i would personally do under any circumstances. I`m afrain i cannot speak for the rest of my profession, and i am frustrated that our proffessional bodies lack teeth when it comes to dealing with idiots like this. I insist that all my patients continue to consult their GP as i am not qualified to diagnose specific conditions, and that should they wish to reduce any prescribed medication they do so only with the agreement of their GP.

I don`t think we`re ever going to agree on this one Pooley. I`m having to come to terms with the fact although i love what i do and see the positive results of it on a regular basis, it seems to turn certain people purple with rage. Jesus, i`m a homeopath , not a peodophile.

The bottom line for me is that "the placebo effect" is not an adequate explanation for what i see happening on the ground.

Hey Ting - I cut and paste that from a web site I found, not me.. Sorry, I should have made it clearer.

But, thank you for your honest and and unbiased reply.

If all Homeos came across like you I would still disagree with them, but respect and like them an awful lot more
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index