U-Know! Forum »
House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tingltangl
17 posts

Re: House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy
Feb 24, 2010, 19:54
What i see on the ground has everything to do with resolving the issue, because what I see there contradicts everything thats spouted about homeopathy being no better than a placebo.

There are certain aspects of homeopathic treatment that may be worth bringing up here. It is not uncommon for patients to experience a significant but temporary intensification of their symptoms after taking a remedy. This is in my experience always rapidly followed by a significant improvement. I observe this consistently in my own practice. None of the research I have seen on the placebo effect suggests that this is part of a placebo response.

So let me get this right. Homeopaths and their supporters all have "confirmation bias" and cherry pick the data. Skeptics of homeopathy are totally rational and objective and immune to personal bias? Please refer back to my criticism of the Shang study.

I don`t blindly "believe" in Homeopathy, i observe the effects of applying its principles, and form my opinions from that.

So i shouldn`t try to convince others of my beliefs? Actually i generally dont. I don`t advertise my services or do any form of homeopathy promotion. The vast majority of my clients come through word of mouth, or they`ve seen the results of what i do in their friends and relatives. I believe this is the most honest and sustainable way of building a practice.

I do respect your opinions and i`m sure that if my life experiences had been different i would feel the way you do (and thank you Pooley for your gentlemanly response to my last post!). However prolonged direct experience of homeopathy both as a patient and as a practitioner has made it difficult for me to hold on to my initial scepticism.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index