U-Know! Forum »
House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy

50 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tingltangl
17 posts

Re: House of Commons Committee advises end to NHS funding of homeopathy
Feb 25, 2010, 17:31
Your right Sanshee, things have got a bit off topic. I think i may be largely responsible for starting a "does it work?" debate. A bit of over defensiveness on my part.

As for your question. I`m not one for "Bid Pharma" conspiracies, although i can see why they would be alarmed by any system of medicine that promotes the restoration of genuine good health and freedom from drug dependency - not great for business.

I think its a geniune idealogical conflict. For many, rightly or wrongly, Homeopathy is an insult to rational thinking and gets thrown in the same sin bin as creationism, climate change denial, and withcraft, and i think there is genuine fear and anger at the rise of what is seen as "psuedoscience", and a desire to see it removed from public life.

Homeopathy (according to the WHO) is the fastest growing medical system in thew world. I believe this is a patient led growth. In other words people seeing it work and seeking it out for themselves. It is not heavily marketed in the same way as conventional pharmaceutical products are. Is this upsetting someone? (sorry i said i wasn`t into conspiracies didn`t i!)

I agree why the obsesssion with Homeopathy? What don`t they pick on Acupuncture, osteopathy, choropractic? all of which recieve NHS funding and all of them based upon what some would consider psuedoscience.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index