38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Mar 31, 2009, 13:55
Re: two homes
Mar 31, 2009, 13:49
Merrick wrote:

But many parents find that having responsible adults having real relationships with their children prevents things like generation gaps and a lot of the polarisation that the nuclear family model commonly brings.

Polarisation of the 'nuclear family'?
I can't even think of the family in 'negative' terms at all, unless there's abuse going on. Beyond me that one. It's the main thing the kids at the children's home ache for - a real family setting, their own space etc.

You are suggesting something of a 'commune' vibe there though in saying 'responsible adults having real relationships with their children'. Taking care of a child isn't just about 'being responsible', that's merely the starter.

See for childless people I think this is a fine idea, whatever works.
I've rented rooms in the past, I hated it, but I wasn't repsonsible for anyone else's 'misery' but my own. I could eff off whenver I got bored with it.

If it's done where a family makes a 'financial arrangement' and they can live as a single family unit fine.

I'd be interested to know how long families actually manage to see this one out though, in a shared setting. Something tells me not long.

x
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index