U-Know! Forum »
proud children

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
pixie
111 posts

Re: u can't beat yr brain for entertainment
Apr 27, 2002, 13:19
''So, I was thinking, if one decides to keep their children away from the city and educate them without them having to learn maths and 'history' (ho hum) to what extent can the parents play with these limits so they are still accepted by society later on?'' .....good point......
hmmm, like your way of thinking but is it feasible? I would love to get the whole family away to another type of lifestyle, but I wonder how much rebellion would happen...I would hate to think that I had F****8 up my childs dream of becoming a vet / doctor / because i wanted them to live another way..
shit that sounds like a bitch..its not, just that you've got me pondering with this...
i actually think that for alot of kids the system fails them, they can't deal with the routine of it all, and come on its there to brainwash us into living the life they want us to,,,9-5, keep your head down, wear a tie etc...I hate all that and thats where the education system loses it for me...but i don't know of any workable compromise -able alternative that doesn't fail the child in some way or another. I live in a rural area and the school is actually very lenient and understanding about the children taking time off to help theri families who live off the land, farmers etc. but it makes me scream when they are force fed bull sh** ideals and crap rules that mean nothing except restriction and bondage....
ahhhh feel I could witter forever about this and still not make any sense...are we just losers whichever way we look at it? we can't bottle out of this society completely, its too far gone, I like to think that i have to exist within it but not accept it totally, change waht i can from within, change who i am, and shout loudly when its really bang out of order!!!!
and educate my children that its not all its cracked up to be, and not let the system get to them...they'll go their own path, their own way with a variety of choices that have been offered and encouraged over the years..
i love what you say about the countryside,....get them out wherever and whenever you can...the air is free, the scenery is amazing and awesome and truly inspiring!....even if children don't get off on the stones and sites as we do, the fact that they are with their family, walking, talking, COMMUNICATING , then they will find their own magic in the countryside,...my 11 year old will go off with his binoculars bird watching, whilst we visit sites and my 9 year old girl just runs around on an imaginary horse amusing herself!! its the togetherness that creates the magic, and you don't get that sitting in a materialistic coma watching t.v / playstation games / pop idol..
education from the family comes first!
cheers AQ, you've stimulated my head for this hazy afternoon
love and life
pixie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

U-Know! Forum Index