proud children

24 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: proud children
Apr 24, 2002, 11:55
Here's the tough part - engaging your child after her will and interest has been sucked out of her by a teacher that is there because it's a job they have to do.

I find so many teachers these days just want to get the day over with and seem to care little about classroom results. THIS IS NOT THEIR FAULT!

The fault here lies with the state and its shoddy funding policies. I would not perform well if my bosses treated me in the way that the gov't treats teachers. If I ain't rewarded in a way I see as being in proportion to my efforts then I ain't gonna perform. If I don't get the resources and incentives then I ain't gonna perform. I can't perform.

So, I suppose instead of keeping your kid out of the state school system you should wedge them firmly into it and take as active a role as possible, both at home and in school. When things start to slide do not moan at the school but at the education authorities and at the gov't.

Most of all next time you hear a politician shout "Education! Education! Education!" ..... GET IT IN WRITING! THRICE!

U-Know! Forum Index