U-Know! Forum »
ThEe SuPeRNaTuRaL sPoOkYnEss

54 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
yarky
5 posts

Re: ThEe SuPeRNaTuRaL sPoOkYnEss
Aug 20, 2001, 18:47
Don't think i've seen a ghost but i've definately FELT one... In a ruined 15th Century fortified manor house called Berry Pomeroy in Devon (might be Cornwall). Anyway it looks well eery perched precariously on a lonely wooded hill, and I was in there by myself when I was about 15 whilst my parents were in the visitors cafe. There was a classic thunderstorm raging with lightning and the works, rain coming through were the roof should have been. Now the guidebook says that in the dungeon below one of the circular towers, during medieval times a lady of noble birth was kept at starving point until she died, I can't remember why exactly but it was something to do with romantic involvement with a member of a rival family. Her ghost is supposed to walk the battlements, her appearance being a harbinger of imminent death. Sorry I'll get to the point.
In my youthful bravado I negotiated my way down the uneven spiral steps down to the small dungeon room. Then I fucking shat myself- It was a feeling like freezing cold, coupled with an overwhelming feeling of human misery, but from a time so long ago it was almost alien, I don't know its hard to explain. I absolutley tunned it out of there, and my mum said I was white as a sheet when I came out. Brrr. Sorry if that was a bit boring!
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index