Sustainable Oil?

47 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Re: possibilities (part 1)
Jul 14, 2004, 20:49
>(You need your "They Live!"-shades on to see it.)

:-D

>And though I didn't see the Clarkson thing, I bet it heavily implied
>the 'business as usual' message throughout the whole segment (or am I
>doing Jezza an injustice?)
<snip>
>Sorry. The scene was so vivid in my mind, I had to share it. I'm sure the
>segment wasn't really so crass.

You're only doing him an injustice in that it was presented by James May (the Daily Telegraph motoring correspondent who fills his column inches with articles bemoaning the poor availability of American Hard Gums as other travel sweets drop icing sugar on the upholstry of his Bentley) and Richard Hammond (the one who acts like a refugee from That's Life). Other than that you were right on the money about the tone of the piece... It was presented as a jokey potential cost saving measure if the price of petrol went up. Still interesting though if you could tune out their tedious antics.

The idea of communal refrigeration's an interesting one, certainly food production & distribution needs to become more "local". Shame we've made a lot of our native fruit and veg varieties practically extinct in the pursuit of standardisation. Speaking of which, here's a hypothetical situation - if Monsanto could make a GM rapeseed that offered vastly improved oil yields compared to the regular kind, would it be worth it?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index