Reclaiming the Swastika

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bitteryesbitter
bitteryesbitter
370 posts

zee final solution.
Oct 14, 2003, 23:43
look, hitler, the s.s, the nazis, ripped off a bunch of stuff from all over the world and the ages....rome's eagle, etc.,.....in an effort to empower themselves because they KNEW symbols were consciously or subconsciously relevant to people......not only did they use these symbols to empower themselves, they also used them to degrade others. they pinned the star of david to every jew, painted it on jews doorways, in order to offer visual representation that jews are bad,....thus, anything related with the star of david is bad. psychological warfare, you see? i'm quite sure there are places in the world where the sight of the star of david alone would arouse similar feelings that the swastika inspires to most in the western world. hitlers scheme worked, afterall.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: zee final solution.
Oct 15, 2003, 12:02
Psychological warfare deffo. So whaddya reckon the reaction to an amalgam of the swastika and the star of david would be?

In:

a) 1940's Poland
b) Present day Egypt
c) 1960's San Fransisco

ps: Your marks will count towards your final grade.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Re: Reclaiming the Swastika
Oct 16, 2003, 09:49
I think the real struggle is against ignorance. Maybe informing people of the swastika/fylfot's roots as a good luck/fertility/sun/pole star symbol is part of helping to dispel the ignorance surrounding the symbol, which is still used to spread fear by far right dickheads.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 16, 2003, 13:11
And fear isn't what the swastika is about anyways.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 17, 2003, 11:41
Absolutely!

I've always thought of the fylfot as having much in common with the yin n' yang symbol.... both symbols may have evolved as a representation of the Plough's movements around the pole star.

Fear should be the last feeling that the sight of a swastika induces. Bad enough the awful acts that were carried out by the Nazis... goes without saying. Very sad how extremeist deathcult aresholes have stolen this symbol of universal balance.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 18, 2003, 11:23
Actually I don't think it has anything to do with the Ying Yang symbol. I just use it in the pre-christian European sense -- it is two sun runes criss-crossed and was used to call up the Sun God and Thor.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Oct 18, 2003, 12:32
Interesting stuff. I wasn't suggesting they were directly related, but that they may have developed from a common source. If you've ever seen the Swastika Stone on Ilkley Moor, and the variations of the Camunian Rose in Northern Italy, there are some striking similarities.... but nothing more than conjecture on my part anyway.
hob3
8 posts

Oct 19, 2003, 13:48
I reckon it's now a little bit more reaclaimed than it was before incoming traveller started this thread
man from atlantis
2 posts

Oct 19, 2003, 22:54
i'd just like to mention that the true origin of the swastika goes back millenia to the fertility rites each year in norse times.

the swastika comes from the 'swazelstik' which was the shape it is now. at the end of each of the four branches was built a 'smoky' fire, and the swazel was then placed(balanced) on top of a pole(which is now the maypole)and spun around. the resulting smoke pattern(four trails of smoke) intertwined in a spiralling pattern that is very similar to the double helix of human d.n.a. and a pattern that is commonly found in nature.
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index