U-Know! Forum »
OMG!!

46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: OMG!!
Oct 16, 2003, 13:11
Apologies - I didn't mean to be insulting - I typed that post really fast before and I generally like to be more measured than that

--

you say that representative governments will necessarily be corrupt when I think that sufficiently reformed and with good people involved they are the best hope we have got.

also your alternative - the dismantling of all power structures - would involve some kind of consensus - you would have to convince people your 'system' would be better and I honestly can't see how you would enable this consensus without political debate and ideological mobilisation - how would this situation come about as you see it? Can you talk specifically about this?

I realise I don't know a lot of your views - I have read only a few of your posts and articles - and you may have answers for all of these but I have noticed on this forum a kind of re-active vagueness - no politicians can be trusted, we're a corrupt culture, authoritarianism is bad, everything we are told is lies- as if we can only view the world as a conspiracy against us- you can say we're based on slavery but I see it as something progressive and good about our culture that we were the first to abolish it when all around the world in the west and east and in tribal africa it still widespreadly used - you never seem to mention our cultural triumphs only our failures

and also suspect that is why there is on here an interest in prehistoric culture - cause all we can see is their passion and enthusiasm - we won't ever be in a position to judge their specific beliefs or morality - it's a vague kind of spirituality and non-threatening morally - won't ever tell us what to do

all well and good but politics is about specifics and I am genuinely interested in how you think we can, as you say, make the world better for people based on their innate goodness

we were talking originally about IDS's position within his party and I was judging his actions against the working procedure of his party and its system - you and aqk were judging him against your ideals and I agree with you about this - I think you misunderstood the basis of my remarks
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index