OMG!!

46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: OMG!!
Oct 13, 2003, 15:33
that's a bit naive

the job of elected representative is to serve the interests of the electorate - which very often expresses itself in terms of 'get behind me or get out of the way' - especially in these circumstances

it's quite strange what you're saying particularly at a time when the conservatives have held their first ever democratic consultation and election of their leader - he's not claiming carte blanche one bit - hes saying i've asked you - you've had the chance to have your views represented and a representative majority of you want me to lead and i can't do that with threats of plots and backbiting

his job is to get the party elected and he has to get a compromise and a measure of party support to do it - i cant see what you're complaining about here - he's just asking for a bit of unity

they're pissed off because they've gone through this democratic consultation process and they now have an arsehole with absolutely no idea how to present his views or inspire his party - they are nostalgic for a bit of authoritarianism

i think you and grufty are changing the facts here a bit for your own ends

and are you suggesting at the end that you think parties shouldn't have leaders
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index