U-Know! Forum »
OMG!!

46 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: OMG!!
Oct 16, 2003, 10:49
once a leader has been elected he cannot consult his party on every single issue - they have to trust him or her and their judgments and it involves 'trust' and 'leadership' - you may not like it but thats the way the system works and those are the terms in which you have to criticise it

i understand you think this will inevitably lead to corruption but quite often when there are good people in charge it leads to progress - the abolition of apartheid in South Afirca, the abolition of slave-ownership in the UK and the US, the civil rights legislation in the US were all initiated by brave politicians - 'leaders' showing courage against the tide of public opinion

i want to know how if your plan to dismantle power structures, leaders and political parties includes any attempts to persuade the citizens of your plans worth beforehand or if you just want a 'revolution' and will then 'will' it over us all whether we objected or not - cause I don't ever want to live in your world
and I'm pleased you're in such a minority

if you think the 'failure' of modern western society compares with the 'failure' of the eastern block you should aquaint yourself with some of the people who lived there - you are lucky to live in a culture where pseudo political philosphers are free to present their views without being interrogated - you would have been first against the wall merrick

there's no country in the world at any time in history who have made a better job or incorporating representative views, minority interests, compassion, social care, anti-corruption laws, a fair judiciary and social justice than the western countries - thats why its such a scandal when our leaders try to do anything not in the spirit of these virtues - cause we take them for granted and expect

your 'down with us' sentiments aren't borne out of political philosophy, history or psychological sociology but a mixture of cynicism and 'revolutionary chic'
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index