The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
'Do we really need the Moon?'

20 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Resonox
604 posts

Re: 'Do we really need the Moon?'
Feb 04, 2011, 10:53
This programme indicated that the moon is spiralling further away from the earth (slowly but surely)...yet I remember being taught that the gravitational pull of the earth was bringing it closer(a half inch a year they said...so by that reckoning it must be a full 2 feet closer than then).

I would've liked to talk to the presenter.....there were some niggling questions left unanswered...or not even touched on, sometimes they were just a passing comment then never mentioned again....not a good show really...too much blinding with possible and probable scientific references and CGI tomfoolery(if they can create the birth of the earth and the moon they can just as simply fiddle a lunar standstill)...as enlightening as a shampoo commercial without the dubious charms of Cheryl Cole IMO.
Mind you there was a repeat of the Time Team Cornish fougou excavations...where dowsers were recruited to show their abilities where they found bugger all(I might add they didn't even find the cables or water pipes underground)...
Visit The Tealing Souterrain to see a decent example(sans roof) for yourself...FREE!

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index