Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: 'Do we really need the Moon?'
Feb 04, 2011, 08:45
megadread wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
goffik wrote:
tjj wrote:
Goffick, that iphone of yours is misbehaving 'cos it missed this one posted last night. No worries!

Nah, mate! When I posted it (last night), it was cos it wasn't mentioned in the forum yet! Must have been usurped! ;) I dunno what time I posted it but there deffo wasn't one here already. Doesn't matter tho! Worse things happen...

And I don't have an iPhone - I'm not middle classed enough... :D Mine's loads better than an iPhone. ;)

G x

Hey Goff you're still not using one of the ex army house bricks with a 10' aerial attached to it are you :D

I still have my first ever mobile, and it's just as you describe.

Yay..when I first got into all of this Geoff me and a few mates went to an Army & Navy stores at St Mary's in Southampton (is it still there do you know Goff) and bought some army radio 'handsets' with headphones. Hellish things they were full of small valves and must have cost a packet then to produce. We got them up and running with the help of a radio shack guy and they were really good. Had a range of about ten miles on open land and powered by a heap of batteries or the dynamo type pack that came with them.
Those were the days!! Anyone else use them?

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index