Pages: 13 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2010, 15:22
Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Mar 30, 2010, 18:53
It’s that time of the year again when we look forward to sun and summer, and our annual (this year being our fifth) picnic at Avebury. As the weather has not been too good for the last two years the picnic on the grass has normally ended up in the Red Lion, with people scattered amongst its many rooms. Fingers crossed for fine weather this year but, if not, the Red Lion in Avebury will again be our venue. Otherwise, the picnic will take place by the recumbent stone in the south-east quadrant of the Avebury Henge from noon onwards on Saturday, 21 August 2010. All are welcome. Bring your own food and drink, or eat at one of several pubs around Avebury.

Watch this space for further updates.

Update 1. If the weather’s poor, head for the large front room at the Red Lion (on the left as you enter from the front) and look out for people wearing a Megameet T-shirt. The sign** below will also be on one of the tables (or by the recumbent stone above if we meet outside). People will start meeting from noon onwards so just come over and introduce yourself.

** Heritage Action logo to be precise....
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Mar 31, 2010, 14:20
moss wrote:
"It’s that time of the year again when we look forward to sun and summer, and our annual (this year being our fifth) picnic at Avebury.

I'll be there! As will Mrs G, Mini-Goff and the shiny new Baby-Gofflet! Looking forward to seeing you all, and letting you have a coo over the wee one. ;)

For anyone who's not been before, the Megameet's always a blast. Come along and meet a bunch of thoroughly nice people! Talk is not always megalithic, but there's a fabulous collective knowledge of the area and of many other sites worldwide!

Looking forward to it very much indeed. :)

G x
gjrk
370 posts

Mar 31, 2010, 18:24
Not to worry. I will also be there and sunshine follows me as surely as thunder follows lightning.
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Mar 31, 2010, 19:41
goffik wrote:
moss wrote:
"It’s that time of the year again when we look forward to sun and summer, and our annual (this year being our fifth) picnic at Avebury.

I'll be there! As will Mrs G, Mini-Goff and the shiny new Baby-Gofflet! Looking forward to seeing you all, and letting you have a coo over the wee one. ;)

For anyone who's not been before, the Megameet's always a blast. Come along and meet a bunch of thoroughly nice people! Talk is not always megalithic, but there's a fabulous collective knowledge of the area and of many other sites worldwide!

Looking forward to it very much indeed. :)

G x

Well, I would come Mr G but that would break our time-honoured tradition of never actually meeting....;-)

I will mull it over and maybe surprise you all this year.

Mind you, if anyone is up for a more Northerly meet, just say and I will be there with bells on

Vx
scubi63
463 posts

Mar 31, 2010, 20:24
Vicster wrote:

Mind you, if anyone is up for a more Northerly meet, just say and I will be there with bells on

Vx

Hi Vx

Didn't we discuss having a meet a little further south so us softsuvernas don't have to travel too far ;o)......I think the 9 Ladies were mentioned?

I wouldn't mind visiting that area again as I only got to see Arbor Low and Stanton Moor when I 'popped' up last time

:o)

Scubi
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Apr 02, 2010, 10:00
scubi63 wrote:
Vicster wrote:

Vx

Hi Vx

Didn't we discuss having a meet a little further south so us softsuvernas don't have to travel too far ;o)......I think the 9 Ladies were mentioned?

I wouldn't mind visiting that area again as I only got to see Arbor Low and Stanton Moor when I 'popped' up last time

Scubi

Oooh, yeah, a "midlands meet" would be grand - biggest problem for me is that my friend who lived 10 mins from Arbor Low has just moved back here (i.e wild and windswept N Lancs coast) but I would deffo be up for a mooch around Derbyshire and environs.

Vix
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 02, 2010, 11:52
Vicster wrote:
Well, I would come Mr G but that would break our time-honoured tradition of never actually meeting....;-)

Haha! But I've enjoyed our many non-meets! Yeah, go on - come down! It'd be great to break this habit... ;) I still occasionally mentally kick meself for not just saying "Erm... Are you Vicster?" when I thought I saw you and most likey did at Callanish!

Vicster wrote:

Gawd, I'd love to get up for a Northern meetup... And I know Mrs G would too! It's hard work right now with new Baba-Goff and Mini-Goff to contend with, but you never know... I gotta have a holiday at some point! A Midland one would be more realistic, but again, we'll see... :)

G x
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Apr 06, 2010, 15:04
*licks pencil,writes "Megameet" in diary*

Jane
Jane
3024 posts