Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2
Jun 03, 2010, 08:49
Be there or be struck off my xmas list !

:o)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 03, 2010, 19:07
neighbourofthedrude wrote:

That's not a risk I'm willing to take! ;)

I might have to get me on FBB and rustle me up some Fluffies, I reckon! Seeing as I missed out the other weekend, dammit... :(

G x
faerygirl
412 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Jun 03, 2010, 19:20
So quite a lot of you guys do ACTUALLY go to this then? Its not just one of those things that sounds like it should have lots of people who "know their stuff" but it actually full of blank faces and drunken idiots leaving a bloody mess? Not that I'm suggesting you wont all be drunk...
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Jun 03, 2010, 20:16
Jun 03, 2010, 20:15
faerygirl wrote:
So quite a lot of you guys do ACTUALLY go to this then? Its not just one of those things that sounds like it should have lots of people who "know their stuff" but it actually full of blank faces and drunken idiots leaving a bloody mess? Not that I'm suggesting you wont all be drunk...

Yes Faerygirl, lots of people do go and you are most welcome as well ;) As for drunkenness, not much, Goff and Juamei when they are not playing 'silly bugger' games are really quite funny. Basically its a picnic when its not raining and a taking over of whatever pub is on offer when it does, the Red Lion is getting the thumbs down this year I think.
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Edited Jun 04, 2010, 14:56
Jun 04, 2010, 14:56
goffik wrote:
neighbourofthedrude wrote:

That's not a risk I'm willing to take! ;)

I might have to get me on FBB and rustle me up some Fluffies, I reckon! Seeing as I missed out the other weekend, dammit... :(

G x

T'was noted that you didn't attend The Fluffy Head AGM.
We will be in touch regarding your membership in due course.

;o)
scubi63
463 posts

Jun 04, 2010, 15:54
faerygirl wrote:

There tends to be a bit of coming and going through-out the day. Good interesting conversations are readily had as well as much banter.

I am hoping I will be there again but you never know what work has in store. But if the weather is good this year hopefully we will get a bit of a walk about too.

If anybody needs a lift from the pub to anywhere I am happy to oblige.

Mind you if I wasn't driving I would be the drunken idiot with the blank
face!

:o)
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Jun 04, 2010, 17:36
moss wrote:
Goff and Juamei when they are not playing 'silly bugger' games are really quite funny.

And that's just our appearance...

I recommend the megameet to anyone, its a chance to chat with very like minded souls about that which obsesses us all to some extent. Pet theories shared, site recommendations abound and one year we even had a book swap going on.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 04, 2010, 19:35
Ooh, yeah - wonder if we could do that again this year? I'm sure I've got pleanty of decent megalithy books I've either read or will probably never get round to reading!

Faerygirl - yeah, there's quite a turn-out for the Megameets! Seems to be more people every year, in fact. We'll be there with our kids, and there are usually other families there, but we've had authors, archaeologists, academics and all kinds of professionals as well as yer everyday stonehugger like meself! It's a great mix. Each year that it's not been pissing down, someone will always know of some little-known site or stone/s in the area to walk to. It's great fun.

You should come along! You'll be pleasantly surprised just how warm and welcoming everyone is. :)

G x
revnox
92 posts

Jun 04, 2010, 20:07
Is there something in the north such as or similar to this?
Work and kids and all that, make it very difficult for me and I am sure many others.
revnox
92 posts

Jun 04, 2010, 21:53
obviously not.
Not a problem just thought I would ask, probably a bit selfish anyway.
it's just I am on forums a lot at the moment due to mobility issues.
Spinal op, again has laid me up.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index