Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Jul 14, 2010, 00:49
Hi Gordon, I'm not in gang, unless you call Not The View a Celtic Fanzine I write for, a gang. I visit sites cause I know most people can't manage to get up here and it keeps me fit. (which pleases the docs) Plus I'm not into fighting, cage or otherwise, I put that away a long time ago.
Resonox
604 posts

Jul 14, 2010, 05:31
nigelswiftasslover wrote:
tjj wrote:
I've had some wild and vindictive accusations thrown at me in recent months by a couple of individuals on this forum. For the record this is the ONLY comment I have made on this thread so the accusation that I am disrupting the forum is totally a false one. I imagine the latest onslaught is because I spoke with some appreciation about time and input Pete Glastonbury gave me a couple of years back with regards to the archaeology at Avebury.

There is absolutely no point in me trying any longer to contribute to this forum or to TMA in general when Nigel Swift/Resonox lie in wait to sabotage anything I say. On reflection perhaps my comment about drink/driving was ill judged but then perhaps so is encouraging people to drive to a beer festival.

On that note I'm bowing out. Congratulations Nigel/Resonox on your clever words but it should be clear to anyone who is not 'in your gang' that you are just another bully.

Indeed. !

Sorry for going off topic...but once again a thread has been well and truly sabotaged...S
Moderators..please once and for all tell "tjj" I am NOT and never have been a multiple personality poster...I have 1 username and 1 username only.
I have NEVER bullied her or anyone,contradicted..yes..but that is the basis of any discussion..not everyone will agree with everything that is said all the time and have the right to air those opinions without recourse to rudeness and insult. I have put up with the insinuations and accusations she and her multiple personality poster friends(perhaps friend??) have constantly thrown my way, it's a handy little weapon to claim victimisation to divert attention from who is actually doing the bullying, I am far from being a victim but neither am I a bully!!....This "GANG" nonsense is just that "nonsense"....why did I merit such wrath? The only reason I can think of is because I didn't join her own little gang and agree blindly with every word she has uttered nor did I choose to reveal every detail about my private life to her...which is my prerogative...ergo I must be a multiple personality poster and by default a bully
It is offensive to use variations of a poster's username and usually the mark of a multiple personality poster, (quite often a ploy by someone who is banned) and equally offensive to agree with this "false" poster knowing fine who well they are.
So pretending to storm off in a huff to garner sympathy...but really not storming off at all is rather childish.
Moderators if you understandably remove this completely off-topic post, there will be no moans from me.....but please put tjj's mind at rest before doing so..thank you!
moss
moss
2897 posts

Jul 14, 2010, 06:02
I see I'll have to close the thread for the moment due to a 'predicted' outcome. It happened last year, and it has happened again! Make what you will of that........
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jul 14, 2010, 16:36
Ha! Unlocked - beat that VJ : -)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jul 14, 2010, 19:00
Sassin-Fassin-Rassin-Sassin...
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Edited Jul 28, 2010, 07:50
Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2
Jul 28, 2010, 06:44
moss wrote:
"It’s that time of the year again when we look forward to sun and summer, and our annual (this year being our fifth) picnic at Avebury. As the weather has not been too good for the last two years the picnic on the grass has normally ended up in the Red Lion, with people scattered amongst its many rooms. Fingers crossed for fine weather this year but, if not, the Waggon and Horses pub at Beckhampton will be our venue. Otherwise, the picnic will take place in either the north-east or south-east quadrant of the Avebury Henge from noon onwards on Saturday, 21st August 2010.

All are welcome. Bring your own food and drink, or eat at one of several pubs around Avebury."

To quote from the Heritage Journal, but as the Easter holiday approaches it seemed appropiate to draw attention to the annual summer get-together.... Hopefully the sun will shine.

And finally (for now!)...

*BUMP!!!*

G x

[EDIT: Oops! Mucked the quote up a bit first time. You get the general idea though... ;) ]
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Aug 05, 2010, 17:57
Aug 05, 2010, 16:56
Vybik Jon wrote:
*BOING*

Stop *boinging* around on my thread VJ, I was (truthfully) going to bump it up soon anyway ;).
Just praying that its not going to rain either, and that the Red Lion will be a little better than it was last time... We've even got an overseas visitor from Ireland coming...
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Aug 05, 2010, 17:16
*BOING*
scubi63
463 posts

Aug 05, 2010, 20:06
Well, it looks like I should be able to make it again this year but I will be arriving by bus which means I will be able to have a pint in the pub for a change :o)
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Aug 05, 2010, 21:40
We may or may not be coming as we're about to move up North in the next month so can't guarantee what we are doing on any particular day unfortunately!

On the plus side we're moving to the peaks, yet another stonehugger in the area :)
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index