Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
megadread
1202 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Jun 05, 2010, 00:57
moss wrote:
"It’s that time of the year again when we look forward to sun and summer, and our annual (this year being our fifth) picnic at Avebury. As the weather has not been too good for the last two years the picnic on the grass has normally ended up in the Red Lion, with people scattered amongst its many rooms. Fingers crossed for fine weather this year but, if not, the Waggon and Horses pub at Beckhampton will be our venue. Otherwise, the picnic will take place in either the north-east or south-east quadrant of the Avebury Henge from noon onwards on Saturday, 21st August 2010.

All are welcome. Bring your own food and drink, or eat at one of several pubs around Avebury."

To quote from the Heritage Journal, but as the Easter holiday approaches it seemed appropiate to draw attention to the annual summer get-together.... Hopefully the sun will shine.

I'll be in Avebury at the time, might pop in to say hi.
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010
Jun 05, 2010, 06:55
"I'll be in Avebury at the time, might pop in to say hi."

You'll be most welcome Megadread, though which pub it is to be in I don't know!
moss
moss
2897 posts

Re: Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2
Jun 05, 2010, 06:58
revnox wrote:
Is there something in the north such as or similar to this?
Work and kids and all that, make it very difficult for me and I am sure many others.

Well I am sure if you go to The Northern Antiquarian site they must have something on offer in the way of meetings and picnics ;)
revnox
92 posts

Jun 05, 2010, 11:46
thanks I will check it out.
megadread
1202 posts

Jun 05, 2010, 12:00
moss wrote:
revnox wrote:
Work and kids and all that, make it very difficult for me and I am sure many others.

Well I am sure if you go to The Northern Antiquarian site they must have something on offer in the way of meetings and picnics ;)

5 of us from there had a picnic and a day of rock art just last Thursday. : )
It wasn't billed as a meet though, just sorta happened.
revnox
92 posts

Jun 05, 2010, 12:14
megadread wrote:
moss wrote:
revnox wrote:

5 of us from there had a picnic and a day of rock art just last Thursday. : )
It wasn't billed as a meet though, just sorta happened.

I have just been on there, I will have a good look later physio in an hour then to bed for a snooze. So probably tonight. Looks good though, although after a quick look on forums there is a lot a stuff that is over my head about sites etc and personal but that is the same as here for me anyway.
nigelswift
8112 posts

It's a picnic!
Jun 07, 2010, 11:27
Just to clarify, the main plan is a picnic in the henge. If there's a brief shower and you can't find anyone try the Lion first. We'll be at the Waggon only if it's hopelessly wet from the start.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jun 07, 2010, 18:25
There was a TMA meet in Cumbria last year, but it really depends on someone up there throwing their hat into the ring & suggesting some plans.

As it happened, last year a few of us dahn sahfers were able to come too!

love

Moth
revnox
92 posts

Jun 07, 2010, 18:51
Moth wrote:
There was a TMA meet in Cumbria last year, but it really depends on someone up there throwing their hat into the ring & suggesting some plans.

As it happened, last year a few of us dahn sahfers were able to come too!

love

Moth

Sounds good
I like Cumbria and in good driving distance.
I do not really no many sites etc I am fairly new to this and limited by mobility (dodgy spine) as much by lack of knowledge.
Thanks
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: It's a picnic!
Jun 07, 2010, 22:13
Yup! Outside in the dry is definately the ideal. The Red Lion (yeah, I know - you've said what you think of it before, ok! ;) ) is great cos of its' location. I don't mind it at all, y'know. It's all about the social thang. Just meeting up with old friends and hopefully meeting some new decent folk too! Was a great turnout last year. Had people from up and down the country - from Northumberland to the Isle of Wight - and will hopefully see more again this year! :)

Really looking forward to it.

G x
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index