Avebury »
Avebury: World Megameet. Saturday, 21 August 2010

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: It's a picnic!
Jun 08, 2010, 12:29
The Red Lion (yeah, I know - you've said what you think of it before, ok! ;)

Not me, I like it fine, not being very picky about stuff. And I love all the characters that go there.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 09, 2010, 12:42
Me too! I know it fluctuates in quality, but I still love it for all it's quirks. :)

The fact it's inside a stone circle is good enough, but there's also the well and all the folklore and history too! And, as you so rightly, the people.

I was just pre-empting the usual "there's no accounting for taste" etc that usually accompanies mention of it. ;)

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jun 09, 2010, 12:55
Jun 09, 2010, 12:52
Yeah well, it's location IS unique in all the world and on a sunny day sitting at the outside tables with your eyes wide and your ears flapping it's a constant source of interest and amusement. I mean, where else can you (as I have) chat to an eminent historian and a bloke with antlers while sitting next to an early British King in motorcycle leathers? Well yes, at lots of gay clubs obviously, but apart from that?
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 09, 2010, 13:49
I mean, where else can you... chat to an eminent historian and a bloke with antlers while sitting next to an early British King in motorcycle leathers?

And that's just the bar staff ;-)

Their 'newish' website is here by the way - http://www.red-lion-pub-avebury.co.uk/index.php and includes a 'What's on' page (still under construction though).
danielvanc
danielvanc
17 posts

Jun 20, 2010, 05:45
Once i've figured out a cheap way to get there, I'll be there to represent the Isle o Wight again! :)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jun 20, 2010, 10:01
danielvanc wrote:
Once i've figured out a cheap way to get there, I'll be there to represent the Isle o Wight again! :)

Be good to see you there again Dan :-)
danielvanc
danielvanc
17 posts

Jun 20, 2010, 10:10
Littlestone wrote:
danielvanc wrote:

Be good to see you there again Dan :-)

Yeah be good to see you too mate :)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 21, 2010, 06:17
Excellent news! Will it be just you, or will you be bringing the boy?

We'll see what we can do. We're hoping to get a bigger car someday soon, and although it's unlikely it'll be in time for the Megameet, you never know. :)

S'been ages since I saw you - it'll be good to catch up!

G x
danielvanc
danielvanc
17 posts

Jun 21, 2010, 09:08
goffik wrote:
Excellent news! Will it be just you, or will you be bringing the boy?

We'll see what we can do. We're hoping to get a bigger car someday soon, and although it's unlikely it'll be in time for the Megameet, you never know. :)

S'been ages since I saw you - it'll be good to catch up!

G x

Hey G, unfortunately this event falls on a weekend that i don't have the boy. Be good to see you too G. As for the travel, there's always the roof I can fit on or a boot I can fit in! ;P
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jun 24, 2010, 05:21
Ah, well if it's just you, we *may* be able to help! :)

Will let you know.

G x
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index