145 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Time Team R.I.P. ?
Jan 10, 2010, 20:34
Gwass wrote:
That's a shame. It's surprising the henge and alignment both turn out to be bogus.

They seemed categorically sure of both in the show and had the surveying equipment confirming it. Also re the henge it had been dug before and classified as a henge.

I wonder why/how it turned out not to be the case and how come your contact agreed with it at the time. I'm not being funny but I've heard a few things here which contradict what seems to be scientific proof on the show and am genuinely interested.

There are probably quite a few other examples , somebody mentioned a while ago the "Long Cairn " On dartmoor ,is that still what it is being described as today .?
You won't find any recent references to the "alignmnet" ,as has been suggested it was typically looking for good tv there was a chance probably not enough time to do the proper calc and being pushed to say yes led to a hurried decision .Luckily it can be tested today .
There must be loads of minor examples throughout but they get forgotten about it , in many repects it doesn't bother me , same as the huge conjectural stuff ,it's all part of it , like a ref making a mistake in sport .
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index