The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Time Team R.I.P. ?

Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wideford
1086 posts

Time Team R.I.P. ?
Jan 04, 2010, 15:54
what with no mention of a 17th series and Tony Robinson featuring on other shows what are we goinmg to do now, what are we going to do now
wideford
1086 posts

Re: Time Team R.I.P. ?
Jan 04, 2010, 15:58
the specials aren't a fix but a wound dressing
TheStandingStone
218 posts

Jan 04, 2010, 16:00
I was lucky enough to meet Mick Aston in Dublin in 2006 and he said then that he wouldn't go beyond a 14th series because he wanted to retire...so I guess we were lucky to get a 15th and 16th series...not that I have seen any in years...I just catch the repeats on Discovery. Channel 4 can be very hard to get in certain areas of Ireland.
Rockrich
Rockrich
448 posts

Jan 04, 2010, 16:26
they carried out various excavations last year, so presumably its just starting late. Maybe they've just run out of Roman sites :)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 04, 2010, 17:18
wideford wrote:
what with no mention of a 17th series and Tony Robinson featuring on other shows what are we goinmg to do now, what are we going to do now

There's nothing on the C4 website yet, either.
StoneGloves
StoneGloves
1149 posts

Jan 04, 2010, 18:41
I'd like to see third series of both Saxondale and Phoenix Nights.
Branwen
824 posts

Jan 04, 2010, 19:14
Didn't BBC have a similar series called Timewatch? Haven't seen it, I dont have a TV. But if it's worth watching I download shows from an internet cafe with high speed connection.
mascot
113 posts

Jan 05, 2010, 17:39
Say it's not so, please..........
jennifer 71hart
2 posts

Jan 05, 2010, 21:20
Fear not Time Team devotees. Time Team is it seems destined to return to our screens in March hopefully. The reason it is not being shown in January or February is down to scheduling. Channel 4 want to move it to a prime time slot at 7pm but there is no room in the schedule for it until March at the earliest. Also the upcoming election is also buggering up the schedules. Filming is already underway for next years series so us Time Team addicts will just have to wait a little longer. Cannot wait to see Phil Harding again he can bring his shovel round to my house anytime.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 05, 2010, 21:33
jennifer 71hart wrote:
Fear not Time Team devotees. Time Team is it seems destined to return to our screens in March hopefully. The reason it is not being shown in January or February is down to scheduling. Channel 4 want to move it to a prime time slot at 7pm but there is no room in the schedule for it until March at the earliest. Also the upcoming election is also buggering up the schedules. Filming is already underway for next years series so us Time Team addicts will just have to wait a little longer. Cannot wait to see Phil Harding again he can bring his shovel round to my house anytime.

Great ,thanks .
Pages: 15 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index