Time Team R.I.P. ?

145 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Time Team R.I.P. ?
Jan 09, 2010, 14:32
They certainly seem to be manmade, but I'm not totally convinced. Haven't seen the things myself but there's quite a good account of them by Robert Schoch (1999) who has - http://circulartimes.org/Enigmatic%20Yonaguni%20Underwater%20RMS%20CT.htm

In part Schoch says -

"I think it should be considered a primarily natural structure until more evidence is found to the contrary. However, by no means do I feel that this is an absolutely closed case. The question of its genesis - - artificial versus natural - - may not be an all or nothing question. We should also consider the possibility that the Yonaguni Monument is fundamentally a natural structure that was utilized, enhanced, and modified by humans in ancient times. The Yonaguni Monument may even have been a quarry from which blocks were cut, utilizing natural bedding, joint, and fracture planes of the rock, and thence removed for the purpose of constructing other structures which are long since gone."

Thanks for reminding me of them though. What I do find intriguing is the occurrence of two mysteries in same place - ie these amazing structures/formations and a, "... local language, which is incomprehensible to Japanese speakers, and even to speakers of other Ryukyu languages [and which] is still spoken by a few elderly inhabitants."

Will try to find out a bit more about the latter.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index