Re: Mike
Jul 28, 2005, 20:56
http://www.chadjasmine.net/images/press/Chad%20fingers%20in%20ears.gif
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 28, 2005, 21:01
As usual, you seem to have sidestepped the question. Are you afraid of the answer? You tell us that you have a truth to impart and yet to seem too fearful to confront your own truths. So I ask you again.... if your message is positive, if you're not coming from the ego, if you're aligned to the universal vibrational frequency of love.... why are you responding to people with "fuck you"?
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 28, 2005, 21:06
> The knowledge I am imparting is beneficial to all.

In your opinion. That's ego right their. An unwillingness to consider that you might be wrong.

> It makes me laugh when folk ridicule Icke when it's obvious they haven't read one of his books. Terry Wogan had a lot to do with that.

I agree. But then Icke did kinda devalue his own message by appearing on some dumb superficial chat show. You'd have thought he'd have seen that one coming!

> I don't mind folk having a go when they know what they're talking about

I don't remember ridiculing you.

> How can you ridicule me when you don't know what I'm about?

See above. Added to which, don't make sweeping assumptions. Why do you assume I don't know what you're about? Because I don't agree with you?

> It's me! You are going to allow me to get in the way of the truth.

No I'm not. I simply have a different truth to yours.

> Only your own fear will hold you back! Too scared to face the truth?

Not really. Fear's never held me back from much, especially the truth. Not everyone who sees the universe differently to you is living in fear and ignorance. Let go of your ego and embrace the fact that different people have different truths. Your truth is no greater or lesser than mine.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 08:01
> Not people, just you so far.

Actually, no. It was Morfe you replied to with "fuck you". Do you feel like saying the same thing to me or are you just getting confused?

> It's a pitty you don't use your energies to expand your mind

And it's a pity you don't direct your energies towards positivity rather than attempting to wind people up for no apparent purpose on a public message board.

> rather than find offence in my use of words.

You seem very convinced that everyone is offended by you. I don't remember saying I found your language offensive. I swear all the time myself. I've simply observed that the sentiment of "fuck you" seems a little inconsistent with the message you're trying to promote.

> I work on building sites and have done so for 25 yrs. I think I control my language extremely well. If you chose to take what I say personally that's your problem.

See above. I've never said anything about taking offence at your language. You seem to project onto people an awful lot. It might be an idea to attempt to understand the points that people are trying to make before jumping to false assumptions. Especially if you'd like us to believe you have a unique inight into the hidden truths of the universe.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 08:27
Dr A: Just leave it. Have a cup of tea.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 09:29
Why? I'm enjoying my conversation with Mike.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 09:40
Ok, fair enough. But it's not about Thee Stones is it? And he's a good enough self publicist without us helping him.

Please let's stop, I mean this to everyone not just you. It's so tempting and I'm guilty of it myself. But it's getting so boring when every thread is subverted in the same way.

(carry on if you like, of course - I don't want an argument)
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 10:25
> Ok, fair enough. But it's not about Thee Stones is it?

If that's a serious problem, then I expect he'll get banned eventually.

> And he's a good enough self publicist without us helping him.

Well there's two important points here. Firstly, people from TMA were quick enough to form a lynch mob and head off over to Mike's message board a while ago to leave threatening and insulting messages. Now whether you believe that was justified or not, it's not exactly the sort of behaviour that's likely to discourage him from responding in kind. You reap what you sow.

Secondly, I've been advocating that people ignore Mike rather than getting wound up by him for a long time, but that advice appears to have fallen on deaf ears up until now. If people are going to respond to him, then I'd rather do so politely and constructively, hence my conversation.

> (carry on if you like, of course - I don't want an argument)

Aww, go on! Actually, I prefer discussions as a rule. Arguments just result in people not listening to each other.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 10:55
Alright. I doubt he'll get banned eventually - I can't actually think of anyone that's been banned from this forum (perhaps there have been). And as you say, Rude Behaviour has not been one-sided, so banning people is a bit of slippery slope (unless someone oversteps the bounds of the law or, I spose the forum rules which HMcG has recently repointed out to us). I don't particularly want anyone banned. I just want people to talk about Stones and not have to trawl through endless slanging matches.

You may well be discussing things in a reasonable and polite fashion. But I just want people to talk about Stones and not have to trawl through endless pleas for reasonableness and politeness / refutations of lack of said behaviour. But I suppose I can just stop clicking.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Jul 29, 2005, 11:07
Well the problem that you're really describing is a lack of active moderation. Trolling/off-topic posting should be handled by board mods. If that's not taking place, then the best reaction is to positively engage with Mike. Your only alternative is a slanging match, coz I guarantee you you'll never manage to get everyone ignoring him. But like you say... if you don't want to read, then just don't click. Mike doesn't bother me though; I just find him entertaining.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index