Rombald's Moor »
Calling RombaldII

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
RombaldII
23 posts

How about white tac?
Jun 23, 2005, 11:05
I still believe that some indication of what is there should be included in at least one photograph. PRAWR is IMO very bad at that, for the less impressive stones. Many have only a description, and I have found the illustrations while no doubt correct, do not give a good impression.

How about using white tac to indicate what is there (same as Blue Tac but white) the idea is to outline things with small blobs of white tac to show the outline of whatever one finds, photograph it and remove the white tac which comes off dead easy.
Delicate is the last word I would use the describe Millstone grit which is IME *very* strong and tough.

Many thanks for the concrete suggestions among the flames ;-) I will deal with wach individually

Paint with Water. Worth a try on the rare occasions when we have dry rock, I'll give it a whirl

Sketch cups and rings. Non starter. My artistic ability is close to zero.

Use low angle evening light. Limits the number of rocks which can be recorded in a day to one. Even with off camera slave flash there are some places where the prehistoric work is only detectable by feel and invisible to low angle light
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index