Rombald's Moor »
Calling RombaldII

95 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Calling RombaldII
Jun 22, 2005, 10:36
RII - On a kind of housekeeping note, are all the sites supposed to be 'nested' like they are? (like at http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/7354)

Or (as I suspect?) should they all be separate inside the Rombald's Moor section?

And please, won't you really consider laying off the chalk, as all these good people have requested? Isn't some of the beauty of the carvings that they are unclear and softened by time? A sketch is so much nicer, or Hob's water idea. I would hate to trudge miles to see some rock art and be confronted by such a sight.

(not directed at RombaldII but a general comment - You can call me a stupid hippy and I know these stones need some kind of designation. But I just don't like them having a number (especially on the stones! shock horror). It's just so anoraky. (I realise they're miles from anything with a name, no doubt). I don't suppose there's much romance in them when you visit them in the pouring rain with leaky boots. But these things aren't about a number, surely. They took effort to do so they must be in that spot for a reason.)
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index