Tombo's weblogs...

173 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Lite version
Sep 25, 2003, 03:11
Ah shit. Sorry about the long link screwing with the scrolling thang, I invested some time in that passage so feel worthy including it without the above link:

"I believe we will find all the causes eventually."

Faith is the outward manifestation of a closed mind!

Logical positivism and reductionism in an expanding and two-way conscious reality is a mystery to me! No that's me being sensationalist, what I mean is, reducing everything to data doesn't help us understand everything. It's been said (and I believe it) that if science is to progress beyond the endless grinding mill of non-participatory cynicism then it will naturally turn a wide circle in and come again to holistic study, and exciting possibilities. We may even discover other words for dreamtime, or reincarnation, this example is purely speculative and non-facetious, but what I'm again clumsily trying to say is that (forget all the Megarak/New Age crap that's all stereotypical pap) is that the desire to discover will always fight against the desire to atomise and be damned. And just as creation leads us like a carrot, so discovery will be a creative process always. The mystery is forever, that's why it has us in it's grip. I can't see the mystery without also being the mystery. Cognitive psychology, physics and biology will one day reside together in holistic science, resemble a hyper-techno version of witchcraft. And there'll still be cries of 'burn the witch'! I'll bet my creation-crazy ass that Goethe was right.

This is an excerpt of an essay regarding progressive deanthropomorphization in science, it's a short seven pages long and leads us on into the great modern mystery: That science is really trying to 'become' nature.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index