Tombo's weblogs...

173 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
treaclechops
treaclechops
378 posts

Re: Radiating Power
Sep 23, 2003, 10:36
Interesting reading all this. I do agree that the stones are brought to a site to bring one's attention to it; but then there is another developement.

First of all, actually, why bring attention to the site? Because it looks pretty? Because it's a great view? Or because it has some indefinable energy, unseeable, yet very prevelent? And what is that energy then?

I do believe that *all* spiritual sites are focus points, to centre the mind on the inherent energy of the cosmos that runs through us all; but I think it's very hard for most of us to be truly in touch with that energy. It's probable that in the current age we have lost the ability to feel this energy because of all the other distractions in our lives. But it is there in us all, all the time.

So, could the builders of these stone circles have found places in the landscape that amplify this state of spirit that runs through the cosmos? If so, why does the landscape does this? (But that's another question). If this amplification is what's happening, then the spirit can feel more expansive a whole in such an environment. If one is comfortable with one's own relation to the cosmos, and this energy, one doesn't need a focus point like a stone circle or church or temple - one experiences it fully. But plenty do need a focus point - and this focus point helps to realise the spirit within. So although the stones may appear to radiate power, what could actually be happening is a symbiotic exchange of energy between the person and the landscape, but which is perceived as the stones radaiating power because as humans we have so little belief in ourselves spiritually, on the whole.

I'm sure there was something else, but I have a head cold, and am also in dire need of some caffeine. I can *feel* what I'm trying to say, I can't quite get it out coherently. Sorry. Oh yes! Paintings radiating power, or having a j'ne sai quois . . . someone else has seen the energy, the essence of the subject in the world, and transferred it to a medium that somehow captures and illustrates it and brings it closer. This energy tugs at the soul, and reminds it of it's relationship to a spiritual cosmos. That's what I try to achieve with my photography, anyway.

Does anyone know what I'm trying to say? :o)

Love,

treaclechops xx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index