Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 1/3/03

48 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 1/3/03
Mar 02, 2003, 14:01
Lovely Spring sunshine here in the middle of Britain...

Had a busy week's worth of listening. Not been into work and spent the week painting and walking...

The Stooges 'Fun House' - Got this from the library to fill in the gap waiting for 'Too Freud...' to arrive. Sweet memories of an album I've never owned.

KISS 'Double Platinum' - Library. The last time I would have heard this would have been in 1980! Quite tame, really.

Tanya Donelly 'Love Songs for Underdogs'
Belly 'Star'
Throwing Muses 'The Real Ramona'
The Breeders 'Pod'
- Having a Tanya thang going on!!! Bit disappointed with 'Pod', nothing really memorable on it; perhaps that's why I haven't played it in such a long time. I'll look forward to the new Muses album where she contributes some backing vocals apparently!

The Mekons 'The Curse of...' - Excellent country/folk/rock for listening to while driving through the English towns and countryside.

Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros ' Rock Art and the X-Ray Style' - Excellent folk/country/rock for lis...

Violent Femmes 'Violent Femmes' - Great!

Neu! 'Neu! 75' - This helps clear the mind. Soothing music.

Spiritualized 'Let It Come Down' - Again, something you can completely lose yourself in. The outside world disappears.

Mr Scruff 'Trouser Jazz' - A little too jazzy for my mood, on accasion.

Global Goon 'Vatican Nitez' - A new one for me. Found it very calming.

Kraftwerk 'Electric Cafe' - From the library. Utter bollocks! Not heard it before, and won't be listening to it again!

Kraftwerk 'Autobahn' - From the library. A recording from 1974, and my second introduction to Kraftwerk after 'Radioactivity' which I think was released after it! Nice.

Brain Donor 'Too Freud...'
JC 'Jehovahkill'
Lovely!

Morrisey 'The Best of...' - From the library, so I could investigate Mary Margaret O'Hara's contribution to 'November Spawned A Monster'. She's uncredited, but has a 10 second warble in the middle. Won't miss not hearing this again, though I do like 'Suedehead' (Anyone remember the suedehead/skinhead books? Nasty things. Who wrote them?)

Faust 'Tapes' - Great except for the saxophone. A pet hate of mine is a saxophone used to make noise by someone who can't play it. You wouldn't do it with a fucking violin 'cos you know it'd sound shit. Well, it sounds shit with a saxaphone too!

Liars/Oneida 'Atheists, Reconsider' - Brilliant. Inventive. Reminds me of hearing Pere Ubu for the first time (though neither sound like them!)

Right now, I'm listening to aqk's Texan Chainsaw Masochist's 'All About Motorbikes'/'Tabloid Nazis' and a band I know nothing about called Gasoline he stuck on a CD for me one time. Rawk and Rawl!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index